An alternative to high speed chases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An alternative to high speed chases?

This device in itself was interesting - making Time Magazines Top 20 inventions.
    Making the Car Chase Obsolete - The Best Inventions Of The Year - TIME

However - what suprised me even more, once I went to their website,
    is that it seems to be an American company - without any contact links for people outside the US...

... yet check out the start of the video on their home page...
    StarChase: Pursuit Management Tagging & Tracking System
    (and also at the bottom of this page! How it works...)

imagine being on your bike and getting shot in the back with one of them. no thanks
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

What are they going to develop so the cop in the picture can do his job after the suspect steps out of their car. If a chase in a car is too much trouble, that guys got no chance.
      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

... but look at the pictures at the start of the movies!!!!!

Comment

this way is better

[ame=http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/sabre1/funny%20shit/?action=view&current=insane_cop.flv][/ame]

Comment

Whats to stop someone who realised they've been tagged and the police have backed off, taking the tag and sticking it on someone else's car with the same colours and all?

Police are very black and white, if they find your car in the driveway that kinda matched the description of the running vehicle, you're fucked, YOU have to prove it WASN'T you.
            This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Pfff, Spider-man was using these back in the '80s to locate supervillains and their lairs; I'm not impressed.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                Police are very black and white, if they find your car in the driveway that kinda matched the description of the running vehicle, you're fucked, YOU have to prove it WASN'T you.
                Maybe the photo of the licence plate they have when they shoot the tracker might help?? (if you watched the whole video you will see what other tech gizmos they have...)

but regardless of the tracking device...

Look at the city they are using in their promo videos!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xphread View Post
                  Look at the city they are using in their promo videos!!!!

Was just about to post that...

Comment

Working...
                  X