Clear All

• The law

WA Law
    Federal Law

In particular:
    WA Road Traffic Code 2000
    and
    WA Road Traffic Act 1974

Ever wanted to know if we can ride in bus lanes in WA, or if lanesplitting is legal? Check out the Road Traffic Code and Act, very useful stuff
    Meow.

meh.. too much reading and clicking
    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Wot he said.

Maybe you can summarise - a short summary with no clicking.

Comment

Wot he said.

Maybe you can summarise - a short summary with no clicking.
        that make sit 3,

Cut it down so its short and sweet.

cheers
        ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
        FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

I was just giving examples of the type of stuff you could find there if so inclined.

But if a summary is what you want...

You can't ride in bus lanes, but you can in Transit lanes (not that there are any in Perth that I know of).

Lanesplitting is not mentioned in any way, shape or form. The only mention of overtaking on the left is in regards to moving vehicles. So lanesplitting should be safe as long as you don't touch the solid white line.

I am not a lawyer
          Meow.

Comment

the law?

I AM THA LAW!!!!!

Dubs

Comment

Man i didn't evan finish reading your post cause that was to long .....

:shock: :shock: :shock:
              Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
              Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

Melkor and I have covered this many times.

Lane splitting is both legal and illegal.

If vehicles are stationary than you can overtake on any side.

If vehicles are moving than you can only overtake on the right hand side of a vehicle in your lane.

If you overtake in the left then it becomes an illegal overtaking manouvere.

You must also indicate whenever changing lanes and give 'sufficient' signal to notify the other road users of your intention.

In no circumstances can you cross the continuous white line on a road. Used to be just at intersections but it is now wherever it is painted ie freeway exits, intersections, sides of the road and painted islands.

You cannot overtake on double continous lines but you can turn right and do uturns.

If your gonna lane split, use common sense, travel a a safe speed and don't cause any interference to other traffic because if you do then the whole process becomes an illegal action.

Comment

If vehicles are moving than you can only overtake on the right hand side of a vehicle in your lane.

Isn't this unless the vehicle is turning ?

Comment

Isn't this unless the vehicle is turning ?
                    You mean 'turning right'... Yeah?

Your then 'passing' not overtaking...
                    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Yeah Nath if the a vehicle is indicating to turn right you can then 'pass' on the left handside.

Sorry should of covered that one to.

Comment

not this thread again...

:shock:

Comment

not this thread again...

:shock:
                          Nah, it wasn't meant to be a lanesplitting thread, just a 'here is a copy of the WA road rules so you can check out stuff' thread.
                          Meow.

Comment

it all depends on the cop i think.
                            example= creeping through a double lane of traffic on the kenwick link going to cannington, its a left hand turn at the lights, all cars were stopped until i was three cars from the front, so i open the throtle and fly through to the front cars and guess whos at the front on my right, yep unmarked car with two uniformed in side, the noise of pipes vibrating there doors off, i thought i was gone but no they didnt even give me second look, so it must be legal
                            modchips, upgrades, xbox, ps2 pro install, life time warranty

Comment

Way to much reading .... but interesting what i read dam pollies have to much time on there hands....

:twisted:

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

Working...
                              X