My Good Deed for the Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Good Deed for the Day!

Well there I am cruising down the Mitchell Freeway bout 7:45pm tonight minding my own business and in the distance I see a dark object (what I thought was a bike) being pushed across from the emergency land rhs to emergency side lhs.

Anyways I slow down and as it turns out its an 'older' rider on a cruiser - Honda VT750 i think from memory? And yes he already had it on reserve and run out completely.

I've always got 20+ litres of unleaded with me in the trailer or crewman so I offered it to him and got him on his way again within 5 minutes and told him where the nearest servo was.

He was stoked and so was I! Good to help him out so quickly. ^_^

Anybody else do anything good today???
    Any little old ladies need help crossing the street etc??

`Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Well i stopped when I saw a silver hyosung by the side of the road. But... no1 in sight. Its the thought that counts right?
    (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorby View Post
      Well i stopped when I saw a silver hyosung by the side of the road. But... no1 in sight. Its the thought that counts right?
      i would have stole it.....even the wheels are worth sumfin, just ask cip

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

2 times in 2 weeks stopped to help ladies in 2 different shopping centres who felled over

it felt good - helping as such

Dubs

Comment

Good on ya mate What goes around comes around is my motto
          10.81 BLADE

I'm a flirtalicious

Comment

rode up to galleria last night to find a guy writing a note on a ZX2 that hed just backed into and knocked over, screen smashed
            stuck around to talk to the poor rider when he returned but he didnt need help or a lift. Would be horrible to come back to
            the universe is hostile

Comment

no. I dont like people and therefore I feel no obligation to help them. Survival of the fittest, little old ladies beware.

Comment

Stopped on the way back from down south coming up South west HWY, saw this poor guy in the middle of no where pushing his SV1000, stopped and reveresed. He pushed his bike over to the bushes and I took him to the nearest servo- he would have been pushing it another hour I reckon. Anyway took him back to his bike with some fuel.

I do believe he is a member on here too, aswell as a streetfighter forum.

Glad I could have helped, shame his mate that he was riding with never stopped and all the other cars that past...
                Sponsored by:
                Coote Industrial, Comleck- electrical,
                Motorcycle Panel and Paint, Milkd

Comment

Coupla weeks ago, saw a car stopped on Lord st between the sets of lights (over the top of the tunnel), anyway just rode straight up onto the footpath and helped the guy push it off the road, seems 500 cars didn't stop, just got pissed off and drove around, there was a young guy who stopped who drove a white laser, but amazed me the people who were angry, but wouldn't for a second get out of their car.
                  Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

the last good samaritan thing i remember doing is helping up an old guy who slipped over on some ice (in europe) this was a coupla years ago tho... far too long, I must arrange for some more old people to fall over so i can get my good deeds in.

Comment

The most recent one of note was a few months back, a chick had a loaded shopping trolley on one of those travelator things, only the wheel locks that hold it on there didn't work. Unfortunately for her, she didn't find this out until it started rolling back onto her. Fortunately for her I grabbed it just before she got the bowling pin treatment. I hate having to watch people get hurt.

Comment

I say good on ya all. its the Australian way to help out a mate in trouble and unfortunatly the way of life is dying... wish i could say that i too had been helping out but i wnt lie...

but i justify it by if someone helps me out theres always a six pack of beer in it for them anyway

Comment

The nab ATM at 50 St Georges Tce is near my work. When I see people queuing, I always tell them there is another one inside the branch, that hardly ever gets used (unless I want to use it, then it's on for young & old).

Last month I stopped by a man who'd run out of fuel. I didn't want to give him a lift while I was on my own, so he sat in the shade while I drove & got fuel for him. LADIES & people concerned about ladies: you don't have to put yourself in danger to help someone. (Last year I was driving with Dad on the Great Northern, we picked up a hitch-hicker. Seemed nice, but in conversation was weird & creepy, not in a fun way. Even dad was concerned, dropping him off at Bullsbrook was such a relief! I won't pick up anyone while I'm on my own, unless they require life saving medial treatment, but I will always try & help somehow).

Meanwhile: Getting the bus down the terrace, to where I park my bike. The driver saw my gear & pointed to the sky. Black clouds, horrible day, armageddon approaching... he reached behind his seat and gave me his flouro vest. Every little bit helps!
                          Last edited by Deborah; 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM. Reason: speling nistakes
                          https://parodieslost.blog/

Comment

I did my good deed for the day too

A PM was sent to me on the car club forum i'm in... One of the members there is getting married today and 3 of the cars that were tee'd up to be used as wedding cars pulled out at the last minute (this pm was sent to me at 1am lol) Lucky for this dude i'm a night owl. Rang him (woke him up) at 8:30, had my car sparkling by 9:30 and was at the house before the groom to take them to the wedding

Comment

Originally posted by greshaki View Post
                              rode up to galleria last night to find a guy writing a note on a ZX2 that hed just backed into and knocked over, screen smashed
                              stuck around to talk to the poor rider when he returned but he didnt need help or a lift. Would be horrible to come back to
                              atleast he left a note. lots of people dont.
                              Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X