Zongshen bikes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zongshen bikes ?

Saw a new shop in rockingham this morning, and out front they had these road/trail bikes.. cheap.. ( 250cc + )

Alright as a commuter, to save the good bike from being wasted by useless freeway milage ?
    Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Yeah, I'm sure these bikes will last a long time and have amazingly long service intervals.

Comment

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Just fucking don't, spare us all the pain

Comment

^ ignore what they said

buy one so we can laugh at you.

Comment

Bahaha, have you seen one of their road bikes? It looks like a Russian 70s era farm bike.

Even my GPX looks more modern than that.

I'm sure my wife's CBR125R puts out more power than that too.
          Last edited by wayney; 10-11-2007, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Stroke(mm) 4Strokes

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
              Stroke(mm) 4Strokes

Yeeeees. Quality.

EDIT: and be carefull with that 13kw max power (17hp).

Comment

I was actually looking at a road trail.. cos we've got a farm out in toodyay - so when it's life is over ( I'm assuming 12 months of daily riding ) it'll retire as a ' feed the cows ' bike..

Hell, they're only like $3k new.. or some such.. who cares ?

( And I notice that the people doing the bagging, ride 400's.. 125's and 250's.. bit rich, aint it ? LOL )

Comment

/ ...

2nd hand road trail instead
                  Last edited by Maxo; 10-11-2007, 03:18 PM. Reason: too much sun, and beer

Comment

Question:
                    How many things have you bought, had break, and then discovered teh "made in china" sticker (or alternatively, found the made in china sticker first, wondered if it will work, and then had it break)?

How many "made in china" devices have you been truly satisfied with?

Me? Fuck, if they can't even make a few simple hand tools that work, excuse me if i'm a bit dubious about trusting my life to a bike they pump out

In the heirachy of acceptable use... (for me personally) it goes something like...

honda -> yamaha -> suzuki -> kawasaki (all top 4 very close, mind) -> hardly -> bicycle -> tricycle -> ..... -> hyosung -> ... -> ... -> zongshen...

Last edited by thro; 10-11-2007, 03:32 PM.
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Anyone got a good quality roadie for around or > $3k ?

What i'm seein out there.. It might be cheaper to just buy another road bike.. they're asking rediculous $$ for old bikes.. ( like 70's and 80's ) - the 90's model bikes are almost like new prices..

Comment

Originally posted by Eukanuba View Post
                        ( And I notice that the people doing the bagging, ride 400's.. 125's and 250's.. bit rich, aint it ? LOL )
                        Doesn't mean that we don't know shit though and My 125 puts out 42 Hp stock (2-stroke FTW)

Comment

1200 fool

Comment

It's like the deal with the new cars set to come from China that are scoring sub 1 star crash safety ratings but sub $10,000 projected price tags. I wouldn't buy one because when I buy a car I have to take the safety of myself and my passengers into consideration. However, I can understand exactly why people would buy them.

I guess of most concern in bikes is accident aversion, since a you don't really want to see how any bike does in a crash. I'd mainly be worried about brakes. If the bike isn't capable of the 12 at 50kms quick stop, I'd probably avoid it.

Comment

I sure as hell wouldn't be putting my faith in some back engineered Commie bike that is unproven - let someone else to the reliability trailblazing. Remember the Hyosunhg? Yeah they might be ok now but when they first came out people had all sorts of problems. Fuck that shit. The last thing you want if its your daily rider is some unreliable POS that is going to cost you money, give you grief and leave you stranded on the side of the freeway day in day out during peak hour in the middle of Summer (or Winter for that matter).

As far as the type of bike goes - horses for courses. If you don't have far to go with your commute, and you're bent on a road trail, then a 2nd hand XR400 or XR600 should do you nicely. Cheap(ish), comfy, and reliable. If you are going any considerable distance then I would consider a road bike above all else because in the middle of deepest darkest winter, when you're crossing the Mount Henry Bridge in peak hour in horizontal rain, you'll be thankful for sportbike fairings that can deflect some of the wind and the sure footedness you get from sportbike tyres, suspension etc, brakes etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X