Purchase recommendations for $6,500-$7,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchase recommendations for $6,500-$7,000

After selling my bike to move to Perth 18 months ago I am feeling the itch again and just have to get a bike before summer. I've previously owned a TRX850 (96) and a YZF600 (95). While I loved the twin's torque but found the 4 more comfortable and easier to ride fast. I wouldn't mind either bike again.

So, now I have $6,500 saved up to purchase a bike and thought I'd put out a call to the psb crew to get their opinions on what would be a good choice. Obviously I'm not going to buy anything without a test ride and thorough inspection but if you were in my shoes, what would you go for?

I suppose I could stretch it out a bit more (to $7k) but I'd have to live on noodles for a month

I'd go for something sporty, like a 600 or 750. I'm not a power maniac so I'm not too concern about peak power. Something faired would also be good to keep the wind off me.

I'm also not afraid of turning the spanners so if there's a bike out there that would need some mods to get up to scratch that wouldn't scare me off.

What do y'all reckon?

We have a TRX 850 at work for around that kinda money in excellent condition. Carbon pipes etc.

Causeway Honda
    9361 6677

ask for Tim Moses tell him Chookie sent ya.

Comment

My personal favourite around that price range would be a ZX7r they still look and sound sexy. But never ridden one so cant fully back it up. But for the age they still look good........ 8)

Comment

*Inserts heavily biased vote for a TRX-850*

1996 Bike Of The Year!
        sigpic

Comment

I recommend you buy a red GSX750F with a new back tyre/sprocket/chain and faded stickers...
          For $7000 I will even re-paint it for ya.

That way, whoever you bought it off could upgrade too! It's out the front if you want to look at it! (just dont look too closely!)

Comment

I think I know that GSX, I accidentally ran over it in my car today when I pulled into work

Might have to give a TRX850 another ride. Maybe it will awaken those that lust for torque I used to have. Hmmmm......

Comment

TRX!
              TRX!
              TRX!

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

TRX would be a great bike, but for some reason Yamahaha only gave you half an engine? whats with that....

*TROLL*

Seriously though, you can't go wrong with one of them.. although i find the 95-98 Zx9's a sexy beast. Prob best sounding 4 pots about and they still look fantastic.

I could sell you my Gixxer 1000 k1 for 7000 "customized" :roll: :twisted:
                Will you insure me?!

Comment

i got a nice little gsxr600 you could have for a mere 6,500 including wave discs on front (6,000 without), new pilot powers, new genuine fork seals, BMC air filter, roo pipe.

hasn't led an easy life but the engine is basically only 2,000k's old.

8)
                  ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

8)
                    basically :?:

Comment

I know someone that might be selling a VTR Firestorm soon.

Comment

I'd stay away from the ZX7, ex had one, no end of maintanence for such a disappointing 750

Comment

bike for sale

hi to all well a mate of mine is selling a D3 zzr1100 red in color approx 30,000km on the clock $10,800 pm me for more details

Comment

got a 99 zx6r, black, done 38000 km around 7K mark

Comment

8)
                              basically :?:
                              yeah basically, see, this is what i think happens.....(please correct me if I'm wrong)the speedo goes up and so does the kilometres....
                              ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

Working...
                              X