Which boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which boots?

Ok, I've narrowed my search down to 3 boots.

Falco Axis.

Motodry Traveller.

Dririder Touring.

Opinions/Experiences? I just can't decide.
    Last edited by esquire; 12-11-2007, 04:03 PM.
    Feels good man.

Your going to get this allot but you will need to chuck them on (or is this after???)

I bought a pair of alpine stars which where awesome on the tzr but crap for on the cbr which i bought a pair of puma's for commuting on.

I would be more comfortable on the track with the A'Stars but the Puma's are awesome day to day oh so comfortable.

Go somewhere with a big range (five star yamaha have a good one) and slot some on, If they let you sit on your bike with them on

Comment

Yeah I've tried them all on. I'm just equally liking these ones.

Just wanted to see if anyone can suggest one over the others or any problems with any.
      Feels good man.

Comment

one more thing to consider - its summer, your feet are going to be swimming in boots like these.

Comment

^^ what shmoo said.

I'd be looking at some in leather with some sort of venting (I have oxtar TCS sport, very happy).

No, they're nowhere near as cheap, but the difference in heat is a hell of a lot.
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

starfire has the Falco ones..
            They are fine except for a fold in the boot which digs into her ankle area, making one of the boots uncomfortable (she has to put a sock around the affected area

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
              I'd be looking at some in leather with some sort of venting (I have oxtar TCS sport, very happy).

No, they're nowhere near as cheap, but the difference in heat is a hell of a lot.
              Yeah. The reason for looking at cheap ones is not because I'm stingey but because I simply do not have the money.
              Feels good man.

Comment

i've got the falco ones. Got them from causeway's. There a pretty good alrounder summer/winter.

I haven't found a huge problem with lots of sweating but yes you do get a bit toasty in there sometimes

They have good ankle, foor support with padding in all the right places

`Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

They are all touring boots. They'll give you better protection than sneakers, but not as good protection as the racing boots but a whole lot more comfort.

Are you going to walk around in them a lot off the bike, or only use them to ride in? Do you want them for both summer and winter (waterproofing?)

Hope you get the pair that you like, and the 500 likely disparate opinions don't sway you from the one you actually want and hopefully get.

Possibly change your original post from opinions to experiences with them, then you won't get a completely random post with no real relavence such as this one or shane1's
                  Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Yeah I'll probably be walking around in them a bit and wear them for most of the year. I looked at some racing ones but they're waaaay out of my price range.

The reason I posted this thread is because I like them all equally and can't really decide. But at the moment I'm swaying towards the Falco's.
                    Feels good man.

Comment

I'm gunna be one of them pain in the arse fuckwits that has to post another boot even though you have decided. But you did say you were gunna wear them all day. I have the Rossi Vision 811 - very comfy - even walked up Bluff Knoll in'em. clicky cost around $250, good value IMHO.

Comment

I'm gonna be just as irritating as Flash and just let you know what I'm getting. As I use my future bike (636/750) everyday, I'm not gonna be wearing road race boots everyday, I'll keep those for the weekend, but I like the idea of these for daily riding...for well priced too...only around $130ish...

More info here
                        RJays Speed II Boots#

Comment

i won't be irritatating and tell you that first pair are fugly.

(no offence to the guy who said he has them..)

Comment

Low cut boots = ankles die.

Sorry but no thanks.
                            Feels good man.

Comment

Yeah fair enough if your budget is limited.

All i'm saying is don't be surprised if you decide "fuck this, these are too hot" 2 weeks into summer... and need to upgrade again If they're too hot to wear, you'll be less inclined to wear them...
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X