Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX14 or Busa

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide on a new bike, I've looked at just about everything including a BMW which I really like but is just a bit out of my price range, an 07 Blade and 07 R1 both which I found a bit uncomfortable, I'm down to 2, a ZX14 or the 08 Hayabusa (both new).

I haven't ridden either yet but I've had a sit on both and like both, I'd be interested to hear from riders that have ridden either or both.

Cheers.
    Attached Files

It depends, do you want Frankensteins monster, or his bride?

Comment

the bus.. because i don't like kawasakis.

and what i say should totally dictate which one you buy.

Comment

The performance is not an issue, both bikes have more power than I will ever need.

It's going to come down to comfort, looks and ridability, the comfort and ridability I will guage when I ride them althogh I'm interested on opinions of others who have ridden them. . . . I can't for the life of me decide which one I like the look of most though, Ive never owned a Suzuki or a Kwaka so make doesn't really come into it.

Comment

headlights on the zx are nice

but i prefer zuki.

i had a kwaka.

was nice.

am buying new gixr1000 k8 in feb/march

go and ride them both because once again it comes down to personal opinion.

no 1 can tell u wat to get.

Comment

Have owned both an 06 Busa & an 07 ZX14, both formiddable bikes, both with their own quirks and fan base. This years Busa looks shithouse, apart from the colour schemes which are nicer than the 07's. The back end looks munted... Then again the same can be said for the front of the ZX14 either way your not going to see either when you riding it, unless you like looking at your reflection in shop plate glass windows Go on, you all know you do it heh..

The Busa was and prob will be my fav bike, but needs mods to make as comfortable as the ZX if you got long legs. At the time it was $$ cost that made me go for the ZX after the Busa got written off.

Ride them both before you decide or you will always wonder 'what if ?'

Have fun deciding which is better for you. Make sure you have insurance cover if you loan it to anyone tho, costly lesson learnt here

Cheers

Comment

I have just taken the old ZX14 for a ride, the new ones arrive in Mack1 this week and aparrently they are going to be different as the ECU has been changed to remove that stupid torque limit below 6krpm. I enjoyed the ZX14, i could see myself commuting and touring on it as well as taking it to the strip and the track, very comfortable. But i didn't like the limiter below 6krpm, didn't suit me.

GO RIDE THEM

Comment

Originally posted by jackerz View Post
                headlights on the zx are nice
                Stevie? Mr Wonder? Is that really you?
                such comment
                wow
                many post

Comment

busa ftw
                  they look nice once you have realigned your mind

moX

Comment

If comfort is your guiding factor, have you tried any naked-bikes?
                    The seating position is less cramped/aggressive than pure sport bikes, but they are usually still brilliant to ride.

If the looks bother you (but wait, between busa & ZX14?) ok forget that, but if you'd prefer a faired bike, have you tried the Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird? They're supposed to be quite comfy, and sure to be cheaper also...

-edit: oops, didn't realise you already have a Blackbird...
                    "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

Ride 'em both. Gently first - both have surprises waiting if you get careless. Then hard. Then decide.

I rode a few bikes including the 14 and other busas before buying mine. I found the 14 to be gutless as shit up to 5000RPM where it would have a good try at chucking you off the bike when it took off. But in general, like the blackbird, my impression was that it was competent yet boring apart from the headlight arrangement which I do like.

Plus, it's a krapasake.

But ride them both and make up your own mind.
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Yup, thats the torque limiter to make it commuter friendly - they are dropping that with the new lineup apparently.

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                        Ride 'em both. Gently first - both have surprises waiting if you get careless. Then hard. Then decide.

I rode a few bikes including the 14 and other busas before buying mine. I found the 14 to be gutless as shit up to 5000RPM where it would have a good try at chucking you off the bike when it took off. But in general, like the blackbird, my impression was that it was competent yet boring apart from the headlight arrangement which I do like.

Plus, it's a krapasake.

But ride them both and make up your own mind.

Comment

Check out the Bking too. But personally I've had a love affair with Busa's since they had the TV ads for them when 1st released. Never ridden one my self, but damn. I will one day.
                          Originally posted by kyliejane
                          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                          Originally posted by harns
                          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Grantg brought up this very topic a few months ago. He ended up going with the ZX14, and when I last saw him he was very happy with it.

Comment

" It's going to come down to comfort, looks and ridability"

That sounds like no one can help you here. All those things are a personal choice. I personally don't like the look of either but thats my taste. and comfort and ridability come down to the test ride because every rider is different.
                              Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X