Work clothes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work clothes..

So I was wondering... What does everyone do in regard to clothes when riding to work?

I work in an office and I wear either a basic trouser and a shirt combo or other days go the whole hog and wear shirt, tie, cufflinks etc ... I haven't ridden to work yet and the first thing I thought of doing was simply wearing my jacket over the top of my work clothes and going squidly on the bottom half ... but this doesn't really 'feel' right to me so wondered what other people do?

I know at work we have some people who wear full casual gear and get dressed at work. Others where a shirt and tie up top with riding pants to get to work (and a jacket, obviously) and then just change their pants when they get to work. Then there are a number of people who do the half-half thing where they simply have civvie pants with an armoured jacket...

Shoes are another thing ... Are there any good boots that look ok in an office? Do people take two pairs of shoes? I am pretty sure most of my work shoes will be too slippery for riding a bike...

Note: I am a sweater.. thats right.. I sweat if I even look at a picture of the sun... This means I will 'probably' go the civies on the bike, dress at work option at this stage.
    Originally posted by JuanGabrielle
    I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

I used to ride in suit, cufflinks, tie etc.
    Just bring product for your hair.

Comment

I used to wear my Draggins in, nobody said anything.

Now I am even slacker, Kevlar jeans (blue) and leave a pair of sneakers at work

edit: The man mountain is managing the 4th floor isn't he. He doesn't care about draggins

you can also get draggins "chinos" if you are worries about it
      Last edited by taint; 13-11-2007, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I leave the suit jackets at work

I wear my shirt + slacks and wear my bike jacket + pants over the top.
        Last edited by Satan1; 13-11-2007, 02:56 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
          I used to wear my Draggins in, nobody said anything.
          Yeah I was thinking that some Draggin chinos may do the job .. ha ha .. Are they hot for during the day? I don't want my balls overheating ... I may want kiddies one day
          Originally posted by JuanGabrielle
          I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambian View Post
            Yeah I was thinking that some Draggin chinos may do the job .. ha ha .. Are they hot for during the day? I don't want my balls overheating ... I may want kiddies one day
            just keep the aircon cranked. They are warm around the re-inforced areas. I wore the cargo's, never got around to buying chino's

Comment

I do the full change at work, I also have a gearsack tho.

Comment

Wear draggins over my work pants, and strip them off when I get to work. I also leave a pair of shoes and a jacket at work and change into those when I get there.

Comment

Originally posted by akeracat View Post
                  Wear draggins over my work pants, and strip them off when I get to work. I also leave a pair of shoes and a jacket at work and change into those when I get there.
                  Ahh yes forgot to mention that good to leave shoes at work

Comment

Originally posted by akeracat View Post

yeah id go the leaving clothes at work option

Comment

Backpack + change of clothes. Every day.

Comment

I leave work shoes and suit jacket at the office. Ride in in draggins and jacket with shirt/tie on underneath and just change at work.

But when its this hot I dump all my work gear at work and just do teh full change when i get in.

Comment

I wear full riding gear everyday.

I leave my suits at work with all the random stuff, ties, cuff links, shoes etc, I just take a shirt in each day and change in the office.
                          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Up until now, I haven't had anywhere to leave a change of clothes at work since I started two months ago, so I have been wearing jacket, helmet, gloves with plain business pants. Depends how happy you are with the risk I guess.

Now I finally have a desk, so I'll be leaving a pair of shoes in the office, and either changing pants or wearing Draggins over. Will depend on comfort + wrinklage.

Wearing your gear over will also probably mean no backpack.

Comment

I tried wearing my Draggins all day, but found I was bloody cooking! I now leave a suit at work (we have a shower room) and get changed when I get in.
                              "It's just a motorcyle race" - Mick Doohan, post-race press conference, Phillip Island.

Comment

Working...
                              X