• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed limit poll (link)

RAC WA » Home » About Us » RAC eNews
    Real Men Ride Nakid
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Fuck you RAC. And fuck your contrived Road Safety Strategy and your speeding hysteria.

Comment

The speed limits are rediculous here. with the high quality of the main highways etc the only reason for lower speeds is the dickheads that can't drive with due care. no matter what the limit is they will always be there!! learning to drive properly and a more stringent test regime would weed some of the worse ones out. rant rant

Comment

11% at the moment agree to lower speed, 89% against, wonder if they will listen to the people this time?

Comment

Lower the speed limits is a great way to increase revenue, right?

Its all just a load of crap!!!

Comment

Maybe they just need to lower the speed limit for vehicles with more than 2 wheels, this might help.
            National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

This all just BS. Just imagine, just for arguments sake that today I went for a ride down south. I took a major highway that was for the most part deserted. It was a fine day, no rain, no wind, excellent visibility. My bike is in A1 mechanical condition and I was alert, not under the infuence of any drugs. Just say, I rode for most of the trip at around 130 kmh. I didn't kill myself, or anyone else. Other road users were courteous, waved me past when I caught up to them. Didn't bother them, I arrived in a relaxed frame of mind. At all times I rode well within the capabilities of the bike and myself. Where's the problem?

... and at the risk of stating what is commonly known to those who understand the issue, speed doesn't kill, careless, thoughtless, brainless people do...

Comment

sometimes the speed limit makes me feel uncomfortable, have to say the only time i stick to it is when theres kids ect around, the rest of the time the i do what ever i feel comfy at. have to laugh though alexander drive for eg, used to be 90km dingle lane they turn it into a dual lane rd and lower the speed to 70km WTF?
                I know i cant spell, please don't feel the need to correct me

Comment

Originally posted by Ceebeearrarr View Post
                  The speed limits are rediculous here. with the high quality of the main highways etc the only reason for lower speeds is the dickheads that can't drive with due care. no matter what the limit is they will always be there!! learning to drive properly and a more stringent test regime would weed some of the worse ones out. rant rant
                  Couldnt agree more.
                  For example, top of Alexander Dve was always 90.
                  They come along, resurface, make dual carriageway and HEAPs safer, and drop the limit 20kmh to 70!
                  WHY?
                  HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

What a waste of time.
                    My bike doesnt like the speed limit
                    LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
                    LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
                    shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE

Comment

10/90 now... who the f*ck would want the ALREADY TOO F*CKING SLOW speed limit REDUCED... I mean come the F*CK on..

(you can tell I'm happy bout it cant you!)

Comment

Going down Tonkin Hwy every day to work, plenty of knobs doing 75-80 km/h and not letting you pass them, I think some wan..rs have already set their own speed limit- it's called " lets see how many people we can piss off today "..

Comment

Shit we'll be saying officer I was just under taken by that pedestrian who was clearly speeding, aren't you going to arrest him too.
                          They just need to teach people how to drive, getting them to raise the backs of their chairs by a few degrees might remind them they are not still in fucking bed.

M2C

Comment

Should our speed limits be lowered?
                            Yes 10% No 90%
                            Lets hope it stays that way.
                            I find low speed areas currently just as dangerous as the hwy in terms of dangerous drivers, i don't think lowering them more will change that.

Comment

Hang on, I want to know exactly what they're proposing. The information on the RAC page is virtually non existent. I mean is the RSC suggesting that EVERY road in the metropolitan area would be changed to 60km/hr? Or are they just suggesting that local roads be 50 - which is exactly what we already have?

Comment

Working...
                              X