ironic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ironic

so out ridin the new viffer with my missus and a mate with his girl on his new sv 1000, havin a great time. thought we would go find some ice cream after the cruise. low and behold the specialty shop has closed so its headin back to mine for whats in the fridge.

On the way back, we go around a roundabout, start heading down the road when "HOLY CRAPPOLA!" i start emergency braking due to a Mr Whippy van doing a U-Turn infront of me. with the little extra weight of the missus (te he, shes not fat but ill run with that for the moment) i fail to stop in time slaming into the back corner of the "van".

i managed to keep it upright (WOOT! even though EVERYONE says "where did you drop it?") we all pull over and no one is hurt...*edit* except my balls which slammed into the tank.

he has stuff all damage and says "im prepared to pay for mine, it wasnt my fault". Ive turned numb of all feelings, gets his name and deals with paperwork and issues later.Only minor damage but enough to upset me.

Just got it back today, thanks to causeway honda for the repairs and finally i have some sort of smile back on my dial.

Glad all concearned are ok but fuck me what an arsehat.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Shoot....did you get an ice cream out of it???? .....
      SP RACINGis supported by:
      MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
      Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
      Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
        Shoot....did you get an ice cream out of it???? .....
        no

Comment

Isn't anyone hitting you while doing a u-turn pretty much automatically your fault? ie. you need to have sufficient visibility to perform the manouver?

Glad to hear you're back on the road
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by loony View Post
            no
            Now THAT is just wrong!!! I would sue his ass off for that!

SP RACINGis supported by:
            MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
            Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
            Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

ive talked to many where the law states when you are entering a main road "you must give way/make sure the way is clear to perform a u-turn/merge onto the road." (along the lines of)

ive yet to hear a police result as it is deemed a "minor" accident where no-one was seriously hurt with no major damage (like in a shopping center) so its been "filed" and if anyone is to receive any charge, well...they will be informed.

the bottom line is ive paid $400 excess and me bike is back (est. repair cost under $2000). ive now got to do a little bit of running around and the insurance will do the rest.
              gotta wait n see if i get any kind of return.

Comment

Hopefully the insurance co would claim from said asshat and refund you the excess.

Comment

good to hear you and the missus are ok loony

that sucks arse though, didn't he look before starting the u-turn?

Anyways at least it's fixed and your balls have recovered a bit??
                  `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

Your insurance company will butt-fuck him.

Glad you're all okay. I hope the ice-cream cunt gets nut cancer.
                    such comment
                    wow
                    many post

Comment

butt fucked by mr whippy you have to laugh at that did he use a double cone or was there a flake in it ??

on a serious note he at fault for doing a u-turn without insuring it was clear to do so

Comment

he even said he saw me and thought i would "miss him" even though he was going as fast as a stoned snail

Comment

Where abouts was it? and do you remember any details of the van? I may know the bloke as i used to work as a Mr. Whippy, in his defence some of those vans are dodgy to drive, but nonetheless, he should have been watching out for traffic

Comment

Originally posted by Gummy View Post
                            i used to work as a Mr. Whippy
                            How's that as a job?
                            DISCLAIMER: I is an idiot

"Physics is: - like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
                            - to maths what sex is to masturbation"
                            -Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Gummy View Post
                              in his defence some of those vans are dodgy to drive,
                              Shitty vehicle condition isn't any form of defence.

If the vehicle isn't suitable to be driven on the roads, then it probably shouldn't be, right?
                              such comment
                              wow
                              many post

Comment

Working...
                              X