• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joondalup fatal 25/01/2007

Woman charged over motorcycle death : thewest.com.au

Woman charged over motorcycle death

16th November 2007, 14:15 WST

A 21-year-old Wanneroo woman has been charged over the death of a 48-year-old male motorcyclist in January this year.

Police from the Major Crash Investigation unit have charged the woman with one count of dangerous driving occasioning death.

The man was riding a Yamaha bike on Ocean Reef Road around 7.45am on January 25 when he collided with a Holden Astra driven by the woman that had entered the road at the Backshall Place intersection.

The man died at the scene.

The woman is due to appear in the Joondalup Magistrate’s Court on December 4.

JANE HAMMOND

Thats the confusion cleared up. RIP rider.
    I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Fucking news, Could you perhaps report it so that it DOESN'T sound like its the riders fault.

Like instead of
      he collided with a Holden Astra driven by the woman
      When the Holden astra drove through a stop sign and infront of the oncoming motorcyclist

RIP dude

Comment

Gee they didn't waste any time laying the charge did they...

I take extra care riding past that spot now, not because the visibility is bad, but knowing just how stupid people are when it comes to pulling out of there.

Comment

Yeah but to say that would naturally imply that the motorcyclist didn't get what he deserved.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejmOfOmsMr8]YouTube - moto crash while overtaking car[/ame]

EG like this guy. Imagine that! Overtaking someone in a legal fashion! How dare he!?!?
          c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Originally posted by browca04 View Post
            EG like this guy. Imagine that! Overtaking someone in a legal fashion! How dare he!?!?
            Oh wow. That looked awfully familiar. Just swap to an Australian road and add 1 car between them. I feel that guy's pain.

As for fault - The statement does NOT imply fault of the motorcyclist. He DID collide with the car. She pulled out - he hit her. She's been charged so there is evidence that she is at fault. Don't be quite so judgemental and quick to jump on a simple statement.

She hasn't been proven guilty - so would it be correct to say she collided with him? No.
            "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post
              Oh wow. That looked awfully familiar. Just swap to an Australian road and add 1 car between them. I feel that guy's pain.

As for fault - The statement does NOT imply fault of the motorcyclist. He DID collide with the car. She pulled out - he hit her. She's been charged so there is evidence that she is at fault. Don't be quite so judgemental and quick to jump on a simple statement.

She hasn't been proven guilty - so would it be correct to say she collided with him? No.
              No, but I'm in a cnut of a mood and sick of these arseholes

Comment

poor rider RIP

and for that video.....ouch! :o

Thats bad timing for an overtake, didn't help that the driver didn't look. I mean if a bike has been sitting close to your arse with the obvious intention to overtake you (single lane road or otherwise) don't you think you'd let the bike go through first when the oppurtunity presented itself???

maybe that's just me then....
                `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

I like the way if you kill someone on the road through negligence it's dangerous driving occasioning death.
                  If you kill someone in your home or workplace, it's manslaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Karlos View Post
                    poor rider RIP

and for that video.....ouch! :o

Thats bad timing for an overtake, didn't help that the driver didn't look. I mean if a bike has been sitting close to your arse with the obvious intention to overtake you (single lane road or otherwise) don't you think you'd let the bike go through first when the oppurtunity presented itself???

maybe that's just me then....
                    Watch the video again, the driver swerves purposly to ram the rider off the road.
                    I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

We need to start forming linch mobs and go hunt these fucktards down and flog them beyond an inch of their lives in front of their families so, their families understand what every motorbike riders family feels when they do fucking dumbshit.

Perhaps then they may start to use those glass looking things hanging off their doors and looking down the road before they pull out into traffic
                      In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
                      The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

Still waiting to hear what's happening with that Maylands fatal on 1/12/06...the one where the Landbruiser rear ended the bloke on the KTM and dragged him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratos View Post
                          Watch the video again, the driver swerves purposly to ram the rider off the road.
                          You can tell intent from that clip?
                          I must need new glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
                            I like the way if you kill someone on the road through negligence it's dangerous driving occasioning death.
                            But is the same action (act of negligence) when noone's hurt less dangerous/criminal than that exact same action when someone is killed?

Originally posted by Stratos View Post
                            Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                            You can tell intent from that clip?
                            I must need new glasses.
                            Alex - I can see why it might look that way... IF you don't see the car in front of them. Early in the footage you can see the edge of a car directly in front of the one that pulls out. I think its a case of frustration on both their parts. The car and bike have both waited for the road to be clear and pulled out to overtake - the car driver in usual style hasn't bothered to look before doing it. OR they've looked BEFORE the bike pulled out and not done that last second confirmation headcheck.

I agree Ben - no way to know what the car driver's intentions were - but I like to think it was a genuine accident caused by stupidity rather than a delliberate act of malice.
                            "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Is the Joondalup one still going to court 4th Dec??
                              222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X