Who likes the current software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who likes the current software?

OK, simple question; It's been a while since this software upgrade happened... who likes it, compared to the old stuff?
    Yes
    46.38%
    No
    53.62%
    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    My nemesis; Barfridge

its growing on me.

some quirks shit me - like images showing up in the message composition window - and the fact you cant highlight an image url then click the image button to encase it in the correct tags...

but overall i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
      its growing on me.

some quirks shit me - like images showing up in the message composition window - and the fact you cant highlight an image url then click the image button to encase it in the correct tags...

but overall i like it.
      change your editor options from WYSIWYG to Standard with extras in your options. will sort your issues out

Comment

Hornet you troll. :p

You forgot the option "I don't think about it coz there's nothing I can do about it, I come here for the content not the container".

[bahlete, beatn by taint]Davey - images show up if you're in the WYSIWYG mode for the composition editor - you can change that in ur prefs to show tags instead.[/bahlete]

Oh yeah - have we fixed yet? And are we getting [s] tags back ever? These are the only things that mildly annoy me any more...
        Last edited by Captain Starfish; 16-11-2007, 08:35 PM. Reason: iataint
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

The javascript popup overlay thing when you got a message from the old board was cool. I miss that

Apart from that, is all good.

Comment

I miss the 'friends comments' on my profile page as well as 'who's been checking the page out' whatever it was called on profile page also. Can we have them back? And the little link message boxes Davey was talking about for inserting links and text for the links. Also, it's not as easy to pM from the actual PM page or the buddy page. If I don't type username in correctly it doesn't get there and there is no click on the persons username to have the Recipient Username(s) populate the box. Thats a few things for you.
            Originally posted by rover View Post
            The javascript popup overlay thing when you got a message from the old board was cool. I miss that
            You can still get those - UserCP - EDIT OPTIONS - Messaging & Notification - "If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
            Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up". Tick that box.

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
            [bahlete, beatn by taint]Davey - images show up if you're in the WYSIWYG mode for the composition editor - you can change that in ur prefs to show tags instead.[/bahlete]
            Thanks Captain, i'm gonna try that, it might suit me better.

Comment

thx karen

Comment

S'ok
                Originally posted by rover View Post
                thx karen

Comment

Haha, another one - having to click in the "delete message" checkbox before clicking on the "delete message" button is, erm, interesting...

And there's a lot more "furniture" (borders, shadows etc) on these skins which clutters things up a bit.

BUT on the whole, it still gets the job done and if technamickle reasons meant we couldn't stay with invision then this isn't a bad switch!
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Define 'technamickle'.

And moi, a troll?
                    I resembleresent that!

*in old school code, that would have been funnier!*
                    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                    Amen, brother. Amen.
                    My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

We still have a lot more to do, profile's is one of them... I just havent had time to do them.

A new PSB custom skin is coming.

Little things can be changed. When i have some time to sit down i'll get onto them.
                      My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                      Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                      Q-Zar Fremantle
                      Rated-R Parts
                      PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
                      Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
                      CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
                      Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Meh, Tyson - it works.

You have more important things to do now that your toys have arrived!

Comment

I think it would be good if when you clicked on an attached image in a post, for it to open in a new Window.

But otherwise, I've been using other vB based forums for a while and I dont mind this one - but as said above, theres a few small things that need working on.

Comment

No.

5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char 5Char.

Comment

^^^ I think first thing is to take the 5char away, but leave it for the post whores.
                              My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                              Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                              Q-Zar Fremantle
                              Rated-R Parts
                              PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
                              Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
                              CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
                              Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Working...
                              X