X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report raises issue of sportbike ban in USA

It seems we're not alone in being targeted by ignorant governments:

American Motorcyclist Online
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

I can't see that sort of shit getting up in the US. It would be like World War 3 but with motorbikes. Stupid fucking insurance councils pulling stuff out of their asses to support an agenda.

Here on the other hand...

Comment

I'd love to see them go after the mid-life crisis Harley buyers. They're the ones costing the insurers big bucks these days.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

At least there it isnt the Government targeting them in this case. Granted a powerful lobby group. At least there they have the AMA to try and counter that influence.

Interesting to note that they (AMA) have commisioned a report to get updated looks at motorcycle safety.

Comment

They should ban them. Wheres the sense in allowing people to buy vehicles capable of 300kph when there is no reason to be going that fast. Fact is people think they will get away with it, not crash, so the government would have to step in, and stop them. It's like drugs. People know its dangerous but they still do it. That's why drugs are banned, because people cant think for themselves.
          Last edited by agent_prvocateur; 18-11-2007, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by agent_prvocateur View Post
              They should ban them. Wheres the sense in allowing people to buy vehicles capable of 300kph when there is no reason to be going that fast. Fact is people think they will get away with it, not crash, so the government would have to step in, and stop them. It's like drugs. People know its dangerous but they still do it. That's why drugs are banned, because people cant think for themselves.

Comment

The quality of your posts is not endearing you unto me.

Take a few steps back and spend a bit more time lurking, reading, and educating yourself before opening your fucking mouth. At the moment I'm thinking it's more used to smoking pole than offering any reasonable, well thought out opinions.

Now, if you please, shut the fuck up.
                such comment
                wow
                many post

Comment

....eh...wha?

Comment

lols best troll of the day!

Comment

They better hope that the people buying these bikes are also not part of the NRA

Comment

They should ban them. Wheres the sense in allowing people to buy vehicles capable of 300kph when there is no reason to be going that fast.
                        I can think of 2 reasons to get a bike that fast: Nevada's open speed limits and BECAUSE YOU CAN. What more of a reason do you need ?
                        Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

subscribing to this thread

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
                            They better hope that the people buying these bikes are also not part of the NRA
                            Funny you should say that, when I was in the states last year visiting a female friend. One of her work colleagues was complaining that he got pulled over on his motorbike, when I enquired as to why (thinking it might be like in Oz, for a random check) he said that the officer pulled him over as there was some concern about carrying a firearm whilst riding.. He had his new shotgun slung across his back..

This was the deep south though, guns everywhere..
                            [Y]

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                              The quality of your posts is not endearing you unto me.

Take a few steps back and spend a bit more time lurking, reading, and educating yourself before opening your fucking mouth. At the moment I'm thinking it's more used to smoking pole than offering any reasonable, well thought out opinions.

Now, if you please, shut the fuck up.
                              hehe...you have the best smack down responces. No one does em better.^_^
                              Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                              hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Working...
                              X