Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you believe I'm stuck on an island!!! PHARK ME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you believe I'm stuck on an island!!! PHARK ME!

Yup, wind speeds just hit 57 knots over the causeway leading onto Garden Island down in Rocky. I'm on this friggin patch of dirt and can't get off. Apparently parked cars are getting pushed sideways by the winds so there's no chance I'll be riding the SP off anytime soon.

Thank god for the internet!!!

ur on the side of a dirt road right now ?

Comment

It's pretty discusting in Collie too... :cry:
      Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

driven over there a few times in the car and farkin scary getting waves dumped on ya. on your bike u would be laid down in a second.

Comment

Yeah I'm on Garden Island, bridge closed due to shitty weather...this sux!

Comment

didnt the small bridge near the gate break and move last month...

Comment

wow never knew it got like that
              sounds pretty hardkore

Comment

just got home from work , and i had to ride through that shiiiit !!!! there were puddles knee deep in some areas !!! shit all over the roads like branches and stuff !! and a wind that made you get off the bike and lean it like you were going thru a corner on a racetrack !! what a nightmare of a day to be on a bike !! , but at least i'm home and not stuck on garden island !!! unlucky campo !!! :roll:

Comment

i just got my bike yesterday and was looking forward to riding it
                  but its so crappy outside right now

Comment

im hoping it lets up i gotto travel from ossie park to rocky in about an hour.

Comment

pretty bad everywhere i think

Comment

"Showers and winds will ease on Friday and it should be fine on Saturday"
                        from www.bom.gov.au

Nice sig to maddog

Comment

Finally made it home after battling with the winds. Damn effort it was to. Nearly had me ass blown off the SP-1 to many times to count. Thank god it's gonna ease up this weekend, should be some good riding weather!

Comment

The bridge

If you thought the actual bridge part in the middle was to let fisherman in their little tinnies traverese from side to side you would be wrong, That portion of the causeway is designed to be blown up by the Navy Clearance Divers in the event of enemy invasion and as such when the causeway is closed during good weather they might be practising to mine it.

:shock:
                            If at first you don't succeed, Try Lemons

Comment

Working...
                            X