New leathers - how tight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New leathers - how tight?

Picked up my new two piece suit on Friday. Seems pretty nice, padding & mesh and full zip etc.

BUT

Riding in it is a fairly interesting experience. Knee down? I'd settle for knee out! VERY restrictive at the moment - at first I was struggling to get my feet up to the pegs when I sat on the bike.

So the guy who sold them reckons they'll stretch up to 6 or 7% in size and that a two piece should be pretty tight. And a couple of other people have suggested that after a week it'll probably be okay.

But of course after a week's riding I can hardly return them and say "nope, too small".

So what's the go - anyone got comment on how tight these guys should be first up from the shop?

Oh yeah, and to preempt the fun for the whores: yes I is a fatboi, yes the leather is working hard to contain my pillow of lard, no I can't get my knee down yet and I'm not blaming the leathers for the lack of skill.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Mine had the same problem and took about 10 wears to get it right.
    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Mate, I had the same issues with my leathers after getting them back after 5 years.
      They where that tight they had to cut them at the track.
      Do they cut you behind the knees? If so, they are too tight.
      One easy way of telling is the fact you should still be able to breathe in them whilst wearing a back protector.
      A week of wearing should be enough to let you know if they are going to stretch enough and if they are the correct size.

Doughboy.

Comment

They sold you leather not latex right??

Comment

Thanks guys.

I can breathe, and there's no actual circulatory constriction. Just a bastard to get on and off and I can hardly move inside them.

Dunno about a back protector - don't have one (yet) but I THINK that there's room.

Yes, I'm a doughboy, but it didn't slow your missus down

And they are definitely leather...

I can tell - the new leathers smell very different to my latex suit.

Even when the latex suit was new, it didn't smell like leather.
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

leathers should be a snug fit, bit they should no way be restrictive of your riding style , if they are , then they are to tight !
            They should feel tight in places when you are off the bike standing up, but in a riding position they should feel comfortable,
            In the Keith Code book, 'twist of the wrist' he talks about when he changed to a correct set of fitting leathers and took a second off his lap times because he was no longer fighting against a poor fitting suit.

IMO you should never buy a set of leathers that will 'stretch' to be a correct fit, you'll always be chasing a comfortable fit if you do !

Comment

Thanks, Tex - Only tried riding in 'em once. I'm extremely nervous in corners when I physically cannot get off the bike and am struggling to get my feet on the pegs. Not uncomfortable, just not mobile.

I'm thinking that, whilst they will stretch, will they stretch that much?

Buggrit - sent a message back to supplier just now to see if we can size a brudda up.

Comment

I had the same issue when I first tried my new leathers. For me it was a matter of getting used to them. I have no issues getting feet on and off pegs now. Closing garage is another story...

Someone suggested taking knee armour out and riding in them a couple of times to get used to the leathers and then put them back in... worked for me....

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                  I'm thinking that, whilst they will stretch, will they stretch that much?
                  Doubt it. I tried streatching a pair of leathers once (sitting round the house watching tv in them, riding, hanging them up with a brick sitting in the ass to stretch the back pannel), nothing worked, not even my last resort .. DIET! Such a shame, they were sexy as and so very close to fitting me.

WTB a body sized like Sonic's.

Comment

:insert joke about Sonic's body being for sale >here< :

Comment

Could also try treating them with Dubbin etc to soften them up, treated mine, as they were a bit stiff, but now they are very supple.
                      Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

was the salesman ghey by chance, cause i reckon you would look hot in tight leather........

run as fast as i can..... can't catch me i'm the gingerbread man.
                        Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Yeah, I look hot in tight leather.

Run, run just as fast as you can Arwon.

Coz if I catchya, I gonna rapeya

Comment

Sif you could get it out of that suit quick enough to rape him.

Comment

The suits probably got a set of cut-outs for those "special" moments

Comment

Working...
                              X