Riding with Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding with Cars

I'm planning to go out for a "fun" ride with my brother in his Impreza and another mate in a commonwhore.

When I suggested it, I realised I had never heard of anyone else doing anything similar.

Obviously trusting the driver that will be behind you is important, but is there some other reason not to do it?

What are your thoughts PSB?

getting ploughed because your brakes are a shit load better than his, especially true with the whore. My XR6 is a pig of a thing to brake compared to the bike, other cars, etc

Comment

Follow then

Comment

too slow

Comment

waiting for traffic...

Comment

Lanesplitting

Comment

Just to clarify, speed won't be anything too crazy. Quick but not real quick.

Comment

Yeah, make sure you stay well behind them. That way if they get all out of shape you should be okay.

Don't fall into the trap of assuming your brakes are better than theirs (they are not). Give yourself a decent following distance so you don't run into the back of them - especially in a corner.

Them being in front is also a good thing because they'll also be first to run into speed traps that you make come across.
                "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

They don't know where they are going so I will be leading.

Also any ride I lead, I don't usually split, and always try wait for a big enough gap for all of us to pull into.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                    They don't know where they are going so I will be leading.
                    Don't do it mate.

Having a couple of tonnes of steel tailing you at speed would be no fun. I wouldn't do it.
                    Last edited by Spock; 19-11-2007, 01:19 PM.
                    "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

do wheelies every 50 metres

thats a surefire way to piss your mates off in cars

Comment

Basically i agree 100% with everthing spock said.

I wouldn't do it.
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                          Basically i agree 100% with everthing spock said.

I wouldn't do it.
                          Agree 100% with everything thro said.
                          Last edited by hokoyo; 19-11-2007, 01:35 PM. Reason: no reference to Dalai Lama
                          I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

It's a WRX, if his clutch lasts he'll keep up. Otherwise he will be a distant speck in your mirrors.

nah seriosuly now, in the past I have always opted to trail a car rather then lead, unless I have a good driver that is also a rider, in which case I don;t mind leading so much as they will always hold back a good distance.
                            [Y]

Comment

^wts^ Tell your mates to get bikes... or take your own car.
                              Not really a good mix mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X