legalities of owning a bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legalities of owning a bike

Hey guys I have a drivers license and Lerners Permit for RE. I know it's illegal to ride a motorcycle NOW, but if I wanted to purchase a bike - is it legal to own one without the RE license? i.e wil I have trouble licensing the bike and insurance.

You can own the bike, no problems.
    May have a bit of difficulty insuring it, but certainly possible.
    It should even be covered whilst your riding it, as long as you're within the conditions of your learners. Probably be a fairly hefty excess.
    The temptation to ride the bike will probably be the biggest issue.
    Cheers
    -JC-

Comment

no u will have no trouble owning or liscencing said bike. Nor will you have any trouble insuring it
      'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.' - Robert M. Pirsig

Comment

Originally posted by alpha View Post
        Hey guys I have a drivers license and Lerners Permit for RE. I know it's illegal to ride a motorcycle NOW.
        You can ride now with an instructor or a shadow

Originally posted by alpha View Post
        ..but if I wanted to purchase a bike - is it legal to own one without the RE license? i.e wil I have trouble licensing the bike and insurance.
        I bought both my bikes with only learners permits.. Got them insured with only permits for both.. No problems.

Comment

You will have no problems owning, licensing or insuring a bike while on your R-E learners, (Iam a R-E learner with a bike - GPX250)
          Try Western QBE for insurance, I got a great deal from them for my bike insurance.

Comment

Thanks guys - i'm off to the bank this week!!!!

Comment

^^ lucky sod.

Comment

Working...
              X