xena disk lock battery replacment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xena disk lock battery replacment

anyone know if theres a special way to change the batteries out, i assume you take off the plastic cover, but stuffed if i can get it off.
    good times

There's a screw in there somewhere - think you have to go in through a hole on the "thin" side of the slot for the brake rotor. I hated the bloody thing anyway - kept false alarming, breathed a sigh of relief when the batteries finally died.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Yep mine false alarms often, other times you go up and move the bike and nothing happens????????

Comment

I actually gave up on mine and removed the batteries completely and just used it as a disk lock. Then I got a full alarm system.

Comment

yeah that happens when the batteries are near flat
          i put some fresh ones in and the false alarms go away and sensitivity picks up again

you need to use an alan key to undo a screw holding the cover on. then it just falls off. the batteries are easy to remove. you need 6 of them i think. pretty sure they are A76/LR44 type batteries
          im a holding, stroking, loving machine...also spanking

Comment

yeh, found the screw but it's still stuck, all good, i'll get the fucker off.
            if it's false alarming run a rag throught the slot and give it a dose of contact cleaner, it works well then, i've been doing htat about every 4 months and it's going sweet.
            good times

Comment

Originally posted by muz View Post
              if it's false alarming run a rag throught the slot and give it a dose of contact cleaner, it works well then, i've been doing htat about every 4 months and it's going sweet.
              I'll have to remember that one, mine's been going off like a mofo.
              Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

I took the batteries out of mine cause it falsed a lot too...

Comment

Mine stopped arming even with new batteries. Useless as an alarm but its a disc lock so meh.
                  In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                  Its the little things that make the difference
                  Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                  If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by muz View Post

I spray some CRC onto a cotton bud and clean the contacts with that every so often. Also if it's rained or gotten wet, there may be patches of rust residue from your brake discs on the contacts. Keep em clean and the sensitivity will go back to normal...
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X