Anyone got a 2007 Triumph Tiger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a 2007 Triumph Tiger?

Would be greatful for any opinions please if you own one or have ridden one. How are they like for lanky bastards? I've got looooong legs u see.

Cheers

Haha, I have the same problem mate.

i test rode on back when I was looking for my bike. Great bike. Fantastic engine, in fact the whole package is excellent IMHO.

I ended up with the Vstrom just because its cheaper and a bit better offroad.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
      Haha, I have the same problem mate.

i test rode on back when I was looking for my bike. Great bike. Fantastic engine, in fact the whole package is excellent IMHO.

I ended up with the Vstrom just because its cheaper and a bit better offroad.
      thanks mate. Did you get it over 80? I'm just wondering if you get blown backwards and thus have to pull on the bars all the time like i do on my current bike. Long rides are a nightmate at the mo. Also how did you find the seat? Comfy? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by munki View Post
        thanks mate. Did you get it over 80? I'm just wondering if you get blown backwards and thus have to pull on the bars all the time like i do on my current bike. Long rides are a nightmate at the mo. Also how did you find the seat? Comfy? thanks
        yes I did have a quick blast along the FWY. I did find it a little bit better than a regular naked bike in terms of that buffeting on the helmet that you tend to get. Prolly due to the sort of half fairing at the front - the bits around the tank obviously deflect some of the wind blast.

The screen was reasonable but I dont think it was adjustable....or maybe just not easily, but not sure on that point.

re the seat - I honestly didnt ride it for long enough to get a really good indication.

If you have only previously ridden sports bikes, then these sorts of bike can take a moment to get used to. The longer suspension give a bit of that diving feeling when you slam on the anchors, but thats to be expected and its not bad at all.

Loved the power. Loved the upright riding position. Love the look of the bike. Its strictly a road bike, would be a great tourer I reckon - reasonable sized tank (22L or something i think). Can also get factory panniers and a taller screen.

I'd say definitely try and take one for a spin.

Comment

thanks for the info mate. im actually on a 250 cruiser at the mo but trying to avoid sports bikes when i go for my R's due to the riding position, so would prefer something a bit more upright and comfier on longer rides. I like my mates BMW R1200GS adventure but screw paying nearly 30K, and i'd never take it off road so the Trumpy seems a good buy for almost half the price. Nice one, cheers

Comment

Not ridden the Tiger, but I can tell you it has one of the sweetest engines on the market, the torque of twin, the smoothness of a 4, with a gorgeous sound of its own.

Take one out and try it, and while you are there have a look at the Sprint. They look more like a sports bike, but still have a comfortable riding position.

The Triumph's don't have the same build quality as the BMW's but the Beemers aren't worth twice as much.
            Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
              The Triumph's don't have the same build quality as the BMW's but the Beemers aren't worth twice as much.
              Damn right Morgs, my mate drove his 07 GS across the Nullarbor recently and had heaps of trouble with the engine cutting out and even more dodgy the brakes locking up without the lever engaged! He had to get it shipped back from Melbourne and his rooted discs fixed under warranty but even with BMW roadside assist they tried to be arseholes about it. He's not very happy with the service he got, and neither would i be if i'd have paid all that coin for a bike. Its way too heavy for me anyway.

As for the Trumpy i think i'm pretty keen, might go sit on one on Saturday (can't test drive yet, no R class license )

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

have you got your R L's?
                dunno how they feel about it, but you might be able to get one of the sales guys to shadow you
                Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Comment

Originally posted by munki View Post
                  thanks for the info mate. im actually on a 250 cruiser at the mo but trying to avoid sports bikes when i go for my R's due to the riding position, so would prefer something a bit more upright and comfier on longer rides. I like my mates BMW R1200GS adventure but screw paying nearly 30K, and i'd never take it off road so the Trumpy seems a good buy for almost half the price. Nice one, cheers
                  2008 R 800 GS.

Prolly about 17g's. Still far too pricey in my book, but another option anyway.

Comment

I'm about 6'2" with long legs. I bought my Suzuki Bandit 1200S for the main reason of comfy riding position and a cheap and solid road bike. They are only 12K brand new (possibly less), and you can get second hand ones for less than 7K with lots of life left in them. The engine never works hard at legal speeds. 1200cc isn't scary with the bandit. I went straight from a CB250 to it and had no scares. It has so much torque that you don't need to use many revs to move off from a stationary start.

Sales pitch over.........I get to ride home now !!! :-)

Comment

Stevio!!
                      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Yeah , give the sprint a run too , they come with panniers at the moment . Real easy to get on and off too . Nice .

Comment

I'm going to the Trumpy shop for a look on saturday, and i'll try an FJ out for size too. WIll let ya know my thoughts

Comment

I have a 2007 Triumph Tiger 1050, absolutely worth it. I'm 6'2 and quite comfortable on it. Amazing comfortable at high speeds and long rides. I've been cruising up at 180 on it and ridden it for hours straight and not had any problems with comfort.

I was looking at the vstrom and the tiger, but after test riding the tiger it was no question it fit me like a glove absolutely purfect, once my payout came in and money was no longer an object, the tiger it was. I ended up laying down about 21k on it, but then i put everything on it. Paniers, Top box, heated grips, center stand, tomtom rider gps, aux power socket.

Its amazingly better than the BMWs. The BMWs are just to bloody small for big bastards, and besides what kind of idiot makes the heated hand grips easier to turn on and off than the indicators.

Go see the guys at JCS, they an all Triumph dealer you'll get great service.

oh yeah and it looks unbelivably good in white

Comment

Originally posted by FruitCake View Post
                              I have a 2007 Triumph Tiger 1050, absolutely worth it. I'm 6'2 and quite comfortable on it. Amazing comfortable at high speeds and long rides. I've been cruising up at 180 on it and ridden it for hours straight and not had any problems with comfort.

I was looking at the vstrom and the tiger, but after test riding the tiger it was no question it fit me like a glove absolutely purfect, once my payout came in and money was no longer an object, the tiger it was. I ended up laying down about 21k on it, but then i put everything on it. Paniers, Top box, heated grips, center stand, tomtom rider gps, aux power socket.

Its amazingly better than the BMWs. The BMWs are just to bloody small for big bastards, and besides what kind of idiot makes the heated hand grips easier to turn on and off than the indicators.

Go see the guys at JCS, they an all Triumph dealer you'll get great service.

oh yeah and it looks unbelivably good in white

Well I've been doing heaps of reading on it and i must say i'm nearly sold. Sounds like an awesome bike indeed, just what i'm after. Did you get the gel seat or did you stick with the stockie? (and yeah yours looks well nice in white mate )

Comment

Working...
                              X