I could soooo do that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could soooo do that

Ok in the latest AMCN there's an article about Davo a QLD real estate guy who started Far riders and did 2800km in 24 hrs
    The article briefly summarized went " nyah nyah nyah nyaaaah pthhh !!!!"

Well thats how i read it anyway.
    would the long distance riders of PSB plz stand up?
    What the furtherest distance you've ridden in a day and why and on which bike?
    And does anyone want to sponser/give me money to beat Davo? Fuel and tires are expensive.

2800 in 24hrs?
    if he didnt stop hed still havta avg nearly 120km/h
    =\
    whered he do it somewhere that doesnt hav speed limits...
    then he could sit on 160km/h and hav 6.5hrs rest

sore arse?

Comment

Thats averaging 116kph over the 24hrs.
      Reckon thats not a bad effort.
      Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

1000kms in a day on my GPX... Perth - Nannup - Augusta - Perth

Comment

Best i've done so far is 1300km in 3 days (2 way trip with a day's break in between)

One thing that allegedly may be true is that sustained 160km/h will give you a big melty strip on your rear tyre

edit:
          Didn't falcore do the nullabor recently?

Oh yeah, that was on my 600rr...
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

My best was 1400km in a day on the ST1100, not quite Iron Butt (1000 miles or 1600km) but in my defense, at least 800 of that was through the tail of a cyclone with the bike leant 30deg into 40-50kt winds, 100m max visibility dropping sometimes to 50m, and frequent road flooding up to 10cm deep but fast flowing across the road.

Not something I want to repeat.

Then two days later I drove the 1300 odd coastal km from Coral Bay to Perth, complete with blistering sunburnt back on a 42 degree day.

God I'm tough
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

And chains.

You're still a reckless fool!
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I spose I should add for bragging rights that on the way back From PI this year for those that don't know I got back in two days. Melbourne to Ceduna then Ceduna to Perth. that's 1700km then 2000km the next. Or near enough. on my 929rr
                Last edited by millsy; 21-11-2007, 10:10 PM. Reason: adding info

Comment

Bah. 600km on a supersport surely >= 2400km on a touring whale?

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I think i did around 1500-1600 in just under 14 hours.
                    I was on my GSXR1000 and it was the Snowy Mountians loop. NSW
                    From a suburb in Sydney and i'm sure i crossed the border into Vic down along Granya road than back to home.
                    Was a hell long day but would do it again. Wait a minute I will be doing it again over Xmas but on a blackbird this time.
                    Oh yeah I also did Sydney to Perth in 3 days on the GSXR. ( Thats about 1300 per day )

Comment

1400 odd kms Dubbo to Adeliade probally around 12 hours can't remember down the barrier hwy on an italian sports bike middle of summer. When I start covering serious distance I'll think about something more specailised.
                      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Yeah I read that article and thought of you too millsy

It has a certain attraction for me, but i mainly travel those sort of distances to see the destination, not be there for 7mins so as to maintain my average speed and make sure i get to the next dot.

Go nuts tho , just get a helmet/tankcam setup for us to watch your exploits on later

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
                          ...just get a helmet/tankcam setup for us to watch your exploits on later
                          You wanna see footage of the Nullarbor? Or riding through the rain in the dark?
                          Pfft. The Nullarbor bored me irl - don't make me watch video of it!

Yes - Now also don't forget to book 2 days off to spend in bed after such an attempt... Coz you sure as hell won't be able to walk, right grandpa?
                          "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Make Honda give me a Blackbird as a PR exercise then I could piss it in. maybe do 3000km in a day or just keep going, Perth to Melbourne NON-STOP! That would be special. For charity or driving fatigue awareness. lol

Comment

Dave is a member here Perth Street Bikes - View Profile: Aussiedav
                              Originally posted by Viper
                              I'm probably fucking something up.
                              FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                              Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X