what generation rider are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what generation rider are you?

Who out there is part of a riding family??

me...im a second generation rider. got addicted to bikes due to sittin on the back of a Kawasaki VN800 cruiser when i was a kid.

check out me old man when he was 19!

POP QUIZ!?!?!?! who can name that bike??

Last edited by Walley; 26-11-2007, 01:04 PM.

Yeah, 2nd gen.
    Old man, uncle and my bro ride.

Comment

Yamaha R5F 2 stroke ?????

Comment

1st gen, but in after gf
        "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Hmm possibly 3rd gen. My Dad rode, my bro rides but my Granma and Granpa used to be into motocross - back in the day when it was called "scrambles" and there was the scramble track at Mosman Park in the 1930's apparently.

Comment

I'm 3rd generation, dont know if it goes further back..

Comment

Both gandfathers and one grandmother rode during the war.
              Mum and Dad both rode but gave up when they "grew up".
              3rd generation?

Thanks to our IT department, I can't see the picture.
              Last edited by 19andrew59; 26-11-2007, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walley View Post
                Who out there is part of a riding family??

me...im a second generation rider. got addicted to bike due to sittin on the back of a Kawasaki VN800 cruiser when i was a kid.

check out me old man when he was 19!

Been ridin since 1976
                uncle had an old golden flash

thats a Yamaha 250B isnt it???
                Real Men Ride Nakid
                http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

3rd Gen, The old man taught me to ride as soon as i could touch the ground on his old 125. Bugger that reminds me, Ive got to dig up some old photos of the old man for his birthday.
                  Turfierific!

Comment

[/quote]

Must have been safe though, Its got a front facing number plate
                    Turfierific!

Comment

I know my old man used to ride, don't know about further back though...
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

3rd Gen hoolagin Tho, I had never seen any of the bikes as they were all sold way before I was born and mum has spent my entire life trying to convince me that I was unable to ride anything with 2 wheels (inculding a pushy), but having said that, she is doesnt bug me too much about it now, she was most pleased when I sold the gpx and brought the 750 (she hates 250s). She is even happier now the 750 is gone and Im riding a 1000.

Gramps had a few stories: apparently, it was common place for him to get grandma to drop her cardigan down to cover the licence plate on the side car whenever cops were about.

There was another story about him crashing his bike and side car into a farmer's veggie patch late one night whilst on the way to visit my gran. After pulling the bike out of the field and getting it back onto the road, he decided to fill his side car with veggies before he took off. Sneeky bugger!

Dad, well, he wasnt as cleaver as his old man, he'd give the cops a run for his money, but they would catch up with him in the next town.

Disclaimer: I dont do any of the nordy stuff that dad and his old man did.

Edit: Not sure if it goes back any further, our family history died with my grandparents.
                        Last edited by Darkbyte; 26-11-2007, 01:53 PM. Reason: Because I can

Comment

3rd Generation.

Grandfather still talks about his pre-war bikes with no suspension and 400 2 strokes, Dad's favorite was his Triumph Bonneville, uncles both rode Ducati.

Comment

My old man faints when I saying I'm going for a ride.

1st gen

Comment

1st generation. Same as my bro

Comment

Working...
                              X