No announcement yet.

No more Parking at the Hyatt Centre...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Parking at the Hyatt Centre...

Had an interesting turn of events this morning. I occasionally park in the underground car park in the Hyatt, mainly to get the bike out of the hot sun. This morning I ran into a couple of Wilson Parking blokes, who were just getting ready to put fines on all the bikes....

Apparently motorcycles are not allowed to park there at all any more, and that if they found any motorcycle there it was an instant $60 fine. Needless to say I complained rather loudly and they basically said "can't you read mate?"... I was furious and demanded them to show me where the signs were stating such bullshit. After they couldn't, they said I could park there today but if they saw my bike in there again they would put the fine on.

I don't know about the other couple of bikes that usually park where I do, a fairly new black R6 and a silverish/blue R1 (around a pillar), but if you get a fine today I'm sorry, I argued that none of the bikes should get a fine until they put the f%$*&ng signs up but they probaly just went and hid under a rock until I left... then came back and fined us all.

I'll be calling Wilson Parking this morning and will post what I find out..

Maybe they need a visit from 300 bikes?
    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Why don't they just treat us like second class citizens? Oh wait...

I guess it's because bikes can ride around the gates rather than through them. Still b*llshit though.
      Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Who enforces the fine? Is the payment to PCC or ?

Comment

Just pay for your car bay, park right in the middle, one bike per bay.
          This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Right just got off the phone to Wilson Parking's head office. The only way to park in there and avoid a fine is to pay for parking like normal... and then show the ticket once the fine has been issued. The only way to park "cheaper" is to pay for a bay by the month ($326 a month....)

The bloke also said don't be surprised if you get back to your bike and find a fine, as all their people have been instructed to write fines for bikes parking in there on the spot, and I have not been in there once when I haven't seen a Wilson Parking bloke doing the rounds. I'm going to keep parking there regardless and ripping up there fines and sending them back. What's the worst possible outcome?

I've had enough of the bullshit parking in this city....

Comment

Originally posted by DaVeR View Post
              I'm going to keep parking there regardless and ripping up there fines and sending them back. What's the worst possible outcome?
              You'll lose your licence and get taken to court?

Comment

Originally posted by DaVeR View Post
                I'm going to keep parking there regardless and ripping up there fines and sending them back. What's the worst possible outcome?
                Dont treat this as gospel, but this is my understanding;

Wilsons do not have access to the register of ownership of vehicles like the gooberment does. Wilsons are a private company and the privacy rules prevent them having access to such a database.

Wilsons will issue you with a fine. If you do not pay it, they will record your details as a "non payer" on their own database and then any time you go to any Wilsons parking lot, you risk having your vehicle clamped.

It is my understanding that they do follow through with this clamping threat.....so you might want to find somewhere else to park.

Comment

yep new parking spot coming up

Though being Wilson's you should be able to pay by the month for a bay and have another 2 or 3 bikes park in with you to help pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                    You'll lose your licence and get taken to court?
                    Meh, its only Wilsons. They have no enforcement powers and have no access to the Fines Enforcement Register.

Let 'em fine you, and laugh. If they chain your back wheel to stop you from removing your bike, then it's boltcutter time.

Comment

Well I am up for a group ride 1st thing in the morning. 1 bike per bay as per rules.

Will be worth it.
                      You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Wilsons does keep a record of outstanding fines and if they catch you in another car park they clamp your wheels(car), apparently

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post

Wilsons will issue you with a fine. If you do not pay it, they will record your details as a "non payer" on their own database and then any time you go to any Wilsons parking lot, you risk having your vehicle clamped.

It is my understanding that they do follow through with this clamping threat.....so you might want to find somewhere else to park.
                          yes its true, if you fail to pay a fine they mark you down as a non payer and you will get clamped next time you park in a wilsons carpark (regardless of whether you've bought a ticket or not).

I found this out the hard way and its not fun scrambling to get the $145 to get your car unclamped in northbridge at 4:30am on a sunday morning!

now i park at PCC parking, never at wilsons parking

Comment

heres another question, can they or has anyone had their bike clamped?
                            As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

I propose that a set of PSB bolt cutters be purchased, and kept in a reasonably central location in Perth, so that if anyone gets their bike chained or clamped, that person can walk to the place where the bolt cutters are kept and free their bike

Comment

Working...
                              X