most dangerous country roads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most dangerous country roads?

i once was bitten by "bike killer corner" on kingsbury road, jaradale in 2001, :cry: specky off to say the least, since then ive not been a fan of stincking it on the country rides, mainly due to my own accident but also due to having witnessed a couple of offs out there since has made me even more aware of the reality of dangers on country rides.
    i will still encourage country riding as this is where i learnt how to enjoy the thrill a fast corner can give, however, all i wil say is to consider the dangers and remember to ride to YOUR OWN ability, this way you will be back next time to keep honing those road skills.
    further more, invest in track time, nothing beats the lesson and safety you get on the track

get together in groups and ride out there, these rides are enjoyable, i just want you guys to be aware thats all

big it up yall
    kingsbury road, jarahdale?
    0.00%
    obriens road, toojay?
    0.00%
    caves road, dunsbrough?
    100.00%

I've only been on O'brien's Rd.

Fun, but extremely unforgiving. :?

Not a road for newbies.
    If you got chicken strips on ya wheels, not the place to get rid of them.
    sigpic

Comment

It depends on what you consider dangerous.

I have had more near death experiences dodging the Cage drivers on the Perth to Bunbury Road.

But Caves road on a long weekend is definately up there.

But in terms of dodgy road surface, honky nuts etc then I think its the one that goes past Canning Dam. (Just ask Warpie )

The only close calls I've had on O'briens have been when I've forgotten that its a tightening radius corner and I've gone in way too hot and run wide.
      You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

I'll vote Kingsbury drive as that is the road that claimed my bike. :shock:
        O'Brien I can see could be a dangerous one if you are inexperienced or don't know the road.
        Haven't done Caves road yet..... March '05
        HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Gonz1 has hit it spot on. Country riding is hell fun as long as you keep in mind that you are riding on public roads.
          Personally, I really don't like Kingsbury drive and take it easy thru there. I can never see thru corners on that road due to bushes and trees and the fact road goes up and down.
          O'briens is nice but it does require good memory as there are a few tricky corners. And Caves is ok but too busy.[/quote]
          Fast, cheap & reliable ... pick any two.

Comment

Try the Nannup to Ballingup Rd, which funnily enough runs from Nannup to Ballingup, 45km of blind corners, very twisty, and if you stuff up you can count to twenty before you hit the ground, or should I say water, as this road follows the Blackwood river. You wont get higher than 3rd gear the whole time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: It is awesome, makes Obrien seem like a trip to the end of the driveway. best time to go is in late summer so no mud is washed over the road, you still have to worry about big honky nuts and the odd bit of gravel, from Ballingup go to Bridgetown then back to Nannup, alos pretty mental!
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

out of the three obriens currently would be the most dangerous since the pissed off farmers down that stretch of road chuck gravel oil and all other sorts of shit across it to stop bikes screaming up and down... found a pair of hay bales one day, not little ones either.
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Nannup to bridgetown is one insane piece of road. Good sights as well, very specky area!

Comment

I'll have to say obrians road, Have seen a few people take off into the bush.... Havent done caves road on the bike..

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

Missed an option in the poll

---

Comment

Re: Missed an option in the poll

You forgot to put in: I'm an idiot and should'nt be allowed out my front gate. :roll:  There are no dangerous roads, If there were the government would make them illegal. Its the old guns dont kill people issue, F.F.S.
                      thats true! hang on, going on that theory if there are no dangerous roads there should be no dager hence no risk therfore no need for high insurance premiums... See "Insurance SOS"

Comment

Insurance, whats that

----

Comment

Good point. The roads are not dangerous, it's the rider. Over confident, poor skills etc is the problem.

But I find O'brians road brings the worst out of riders. There are a few corners that tighten up and some riders go in quite fast and panic when it tighten up's, and either grab some brakes or button off the gas which stands the bike up and drifts them wide. Well you can guess what happens next :oops: .

Comment

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (\"Calvin\")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Good point. The roads are not dangerous, it's the rider. Over confident, poor skills etc is the problem.

But I find O'brians road brings the worst out of riders. There are a few corners that tighten up and some riders go in quite fast and panic when it tighten up's, and either grab some brakes or button off the gas which stands the bike up and drifts them wide. Well you can guess what happens next :oops: .[/b][/quote]

Oh yes ive sent it and had to help pick up the bits, tally stands at TLS1000, GPX 250, R6 havent been for a while though cause of rabid farmers foaming at the mouth

Comment

Have experienced the pissed off farmers on last ride down O'brians road, what a fu*#ing tosser. He was more dangerous than the road it self :idea:
                              The farmer in question consistantly rings the police every weekend regards bike hoons screaming (haha) up and down his road!

Comment

Working...
                              X