• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridden a 750 across aus?

hey all well as some of u know im getting an 08 gixr 750 or thou

love the 750

BUT

will it be ok travveling across aus? is it bad for it? etc

as im sure the thous are fine doing that....

Mate you can ride a postie bike or a Vespa across Australia. Whether you would do it with a brand new bike while running it in is a different story. If its run in, no big deal.

Comment

as long as it goes then why not???

Comment

Run it in then go for gold!
        Instead of across, why not round?

Comment

lol

yeh offcourse run it in.....

just thinking bout the gp next year

caillin ( on here ) want to go and so do i but were tossin up wether ridin ova or flying but we really wanna ride and take our time and enjoy it....

Comment

Heaps of guys from Perth ride to the GP.
            Millsy and Hornet went this year.

Comment

yeh cool

my boss wants to go over . was meant to go this year..

but he aint interested in riding over... hes got the thou

Comment

As long as you can get 200km out of a tank you'll be right.
                222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

Do it, You'll love it, Give yourself a bit of time on the other side of the border and stop to smell the roses.

Or do it in two days and watch out for roadkill

Comment

It,s not australia or a 750,but check where this r1 goes [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPGVIqCdTEo]YouTube - r1 yamaha moto stunt bike Travel Arround the world[/ame]

Comment

Might want to get some cushioning for your tush..... neither 750 or 1000 are the greatest tourers as far as comfort is concerned.
                      Some padded pants or undies maybe?

The Late / Great Chad Peters had his seat on his Repsol re-upholstered to help his fooked up leg... (added an inch or so of foam) cost him peanuts as i recall.

Mick
                      I want to leave this world the same way I entered it, screaming and covered in blood.

Comment

You should be able to do it, but you might need to get used to the ride position first for a bit.

I've done 600km in a day on my 600rr and had had enough after that

From when i had a sit on the gixxer 600 it felt a little more comfortable (you seem to sit "in" it rather than "on" it a little bit more than the RR... but yeah.

Fast bikes rate the gixxer thou as a somewhat friendly sports-tourer (as far as litre sports bikes go) - I think if you want a proper sports bike they're probably the best tourer option in that segment of the market.

However, really... if you want to do a trip around australia I reckon it's the wrong option.

I'd go for something more tourer friendly like a viffer, st1300 or something, then sell it and get the gixxer when you return. In the scheme of things, the money you lose on selling the touring friendly bike won't be *that* bad in comparison to the cost of your trip...

Depends how often you'll be pressing on tho I guess - if you plan to cover a few hundred kays per day... i reckon the idea would get pretty old after a few days in a row on a <=1000cc sports bike... but maybe i'm just soft....

The other thing to consider is luggage capacity... the gixxer has virtually none. If you were to get something like a sprint.... you'll have panniers.... which will help.
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                          I've done 600km in a day on my 600rr and had had enough after that

Harden the fuck up, Princess

Seriously, that's what you gotta do. You got to get yourself bike-fit. I do long distances, including a FarRide, on my CBR1000RR on the tarmac and I also do 1000k/24 hours on the dirt on a DR650. Both really easy rides, both without any extra seat padding.

Any bike can do the job, the Gixxer being no exception. It's all about you, not the bike.
                          Last edited by Miss Behave; 28-11-2007, 07:59 AM.

Comment

all im going to say is JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who gives a rats arse what sort of bike your doing it on, the main thing is your going to do it.

thro you would wish you didnt have a land barge once you get over there, the alpine roads are farking awesome, still thinking of buying a holiday home in khancoban
                            Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

btw i dont think hornet had any dramas
                              Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Working...
                              X