Where's the line for YOU? Hoon vs Enthusiast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the line for YOU? Hoon vs Enthusiast

Okay, "cuntstubble dare" doing burnouts and the reaction of some to that news crystallised the question for me.

Obviously, different people have a different line which differentiates a motorsport enthusiast from a hoon.

For me, the line gets crossed if the driver/rider is significantly increasing the risk of injury to those around him.

Where's yours? Discuss.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

It's fine to do burnouts, wheelies, etc as long as you are not endangering or inconveniencing those around you.

ie. Expression session in industrial area, not traffic = ok
    Burnout in residential area, 10pm = Bad

Comment

There is significant overlap between hoon and enthusiast...

Comment

^ +1
        what do you mean meassage is to short?

Comment

+1 as long as you are doing it in a "safe" environtment, ie no chance of you hurting anyone else except yourself if you screw it up. Then who really gives a toss. If you're being a cock in traffic ie doing burnouts, drifts etc you are a hoon.
          Originally posted by kyliejane
          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
          Originally posted by harns
          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post

For me, the line gets crossed if the driver/rider is significantly increasing the risk of injury to those around him.

Where's yours? Discuss.
            I'm with you on that!! If a rider is riding out of his/her depth it's bad for all concerned.....
            Can you teach me how to wheelie properly

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
              Expression session in industrial area, not traffic = ok

If you can control a wheelie, what the hell's wrong with doing it in traffic?

Etholred - if I ever learn how to do a wheelie, I'll teach you too. Wish I could, eh... :sigh:
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

It frightens the children

WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN ^_^

Comment

When someone will goof off in their commodore or WRX but will feel embarrassed about trying to do the same in a manual Gemini, they are a hoon.
                  This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Etholred - if I ever learn how to do a good wheelie, I'll teach you too. Wish I could, eh... :sigh:
                    fixed for sincerity ^_^

Comment

The problem is the dickhead who pulls out in front of you and you can't stop or the cagers paying more attention to your awesome minger than the road

Comment

im gonna cut in here and rant about the incorrect use of the word minger - it was recently pointed out to me that a minger is a shortenning of flamingo - a seat stander wheelie with one foot pointed back.. minger != wheelie..

carry on.

Comment

I'm not with Shannon's, so I must be a hoon.

Comment

I thought minger = ugly looking he/she

Comment

So those UK teenagers that only wear Adidas were being ironic when they talked about women?
                              This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                              X