Photo studio pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo studio pictures

Here's a very small sample of some pictures of my bike take by Brian White in his studio for an upcoming magazine feature. These aren't necessarily the best pics, just the ones I have permission to flash around at this point.

Unfortunately the metalflake and candy in the paint didn't pop out in the lighting used, but I guess the colour still looks nice...

Anyone else had their bikes photographed in his studio? I'm thinking of getting some of the better ones done into a nice framed print for the garage wall.

Cracka shots and very nice detail!
    Ya should be stoked!
    sigpicJoseph Nobody Sponsor.

Comment

Very, very cool.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

If you're not totally happy (sounds like you're fishing for another name), pm DJNitrous.
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Is this an Indian Larry creation then? prolly an obvious question...was it done in the USA?
          Originally posted by Red_is_Best
          hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
            Is this an Indian Larry creation then? prolly an obvious question...was it done in the USA?
            No I built this custom in my garage, I just had the seat pan trimmed as a tribute to Indian Larry given his bikes have influenced my tastes the most. The trimmer turned out to be a fan too, so he went all out with the hand carving in the leather.

Comment

awesome shots Skitzo! Just out of curiosity where were the light boxes positioned and how many were used? The ambience is great.

Comment

Originally posted by rony View Post
                awesome shots Skitzo! Just out of curiosity where were the light boxes positioned and how many were used? The ambience is great.
                I have no idea, I wasn't there when he did his work, I just left the bike with him for a couple of days.

It's just a shame the lighting didn't make the paint pop, as the sunlight brings the candy and metalflake right out.

This shot of my rear fender was taken in fading afternoon sunlight, but still shows a good effect. (this pic is not enhanced in any way).

Comment

ooh ok no worries, they turned out a treat.

Yeah the light boxes diffuse the light, to get the glittery/shimmery effect from the paint work you'd need directed lighting (I'd imagine?). Are you heading back for a 2nd shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by rony View Post
                    Are you heading back for a 2nd shoot?
                    Not at this stage, it's not cheap and the magazine doing the article picked up the tab this time round.

Comment

Excellent shots of a wicked bike...congrats.

Comment

Looks like a Honda/Kawasaki rear wheel?? drumbrake???

Comment

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
                          Looks like a Honda/Kawasaki rear wheel?? drumbrake???
                          Well spotted, yes the bike is a Kawasaki and the rear brake is a drum.

Comment

Its an awesome tribute to Indian Larry. Who did your paint...and is the pinstriping hand done? Very very nice work.
                            Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                            hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Paint was done by Ryan Clayton at Custom Modifications in Malaga, and the pin striping was done by young Ben Lander. Yes all the pin striping is done free hand with a brush, and that includes the outlines around the white scallops. It's amazing to watch it being done.

Thanks for the compliments

Comment

Working...
                              X