PSB Look Bike Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSB Look Bike Campaign

Moved from the other post, What do you reckon, would you help?

Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
    Could you obtain a RoadWise grant to get some bumper stickers made up along the lines of "Look right, look left, LOOK BIKE" for members to stick on their cars (or just generally dish out to people)?
    I was actually thinking about this a couple of weeks ago, something like that could be done out of PSB, community funded. not sure of the exact costs but 50 bucks could get 50 stickers, you could either let them be distributed or distribute them yourself.

Kinda like a group buy on stickers and "pay it forward" combined.
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

^^ if there's a way to donate money other than paypal (does not work for me) i'd be more than happy to donate towards that - i'm sure there would be enough money forthcoming from psb members for several thousand stickers
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by TYSON View Post
      I was actually thinking about this a couple of weeks ago, something like that could be done out of PSB, community funded. not sure of the exact costs but 50 bucks could get 50 stickers, you could either let them be distributed or distribute them yourself.

Good idea. Would be good to have them to dish out at such events like the MAD bikini wash and for putting in the MAD showbags.

You could also take it a step further and design/make a sticker to go on the back of people's helmets along the same lines, although people may poo-poo the idea of sticking something to their helmet.

Still, if it raises awareness...

Comment

excellent idea mate.

MAD/PSB road safety fund?

Comment

MRA already has these. (not the WA division but I guess this is the national division???)

Motorcyle Riders Association Merchandise - Look Bike Sticker (Powered by CubeCart)

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
            MRA already has these. (not the WA division but I guess this is the national division???)

Motorcyle Riders Association Merchandise - Look Bike Sticker (Powered by CubeCart)
            We should be able to do them alot cheaper than that.
            My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
            Motorcycle Panel & Paint
            Q-Zar Fremantle
            Rated-R Parts

Comment

We should be able to do them alot cheaper than that.

$2.50 isnt a huge amount of $$$. Why doesnt PSB do a group buy of these stickers...kills two birds with one stone really. You dont have to go through the headaches of designing, printing, organising, costs evaluation ect...its all done...AND we can supprt the MRA which is the only legal voice in our small community.

Just a thought. Unless PSB want their PSB logo on there for more advertising...which isnt a bad thing....all good. But its already done by the MRA....why not use em?
              Originally posted by Red_is_Best
              hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

I have a mate thats a screen printer and rides (not a member yet). If you need some help with stickers i'll get some pricing.
                In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                Its the little things that make the difference
                Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
                  $2.50 isnt a huge amount of $$$. Why doesnt PSB do a group buy of these stickers...kills two birds with one stone really. You dont have to go through the headaches of designing, printing, organising, costs evaluation ect...its all done...AND we can supprt the MRA which is the only legal voice in our small community.

Just a thought. Unless PSB want their PSB logo on there for more advertising...which isnt a bad thing....all good. But its already done by the MRA....why not use em?
                  A quick search reveals a 201 x 54mm sticker is about 50cents when bought in qty's of 1000. Thats 5 stickers out there compared to 1
                  My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                  Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                  Q-Zar Fremantle
                  Rated-R Parts

Comment

Personally, I reckon the MRA ones look too complicated. Or too busy with that MRA slogan underneath.

I reckon it should be as clean and simple and obvious as possible.

edit - PS yes, happy to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
                      AND we can supprt the MRA which is the only legal voice in our small community.
                      The MRA has less than 250 members in WA IIRC. What does only legal voice mean?

A quick search reveals a 201 x 54mm sticker is about 50cents when bought in qty's of 1000. Thats 5 stickers out there compared to 1
                      Could sell them for a dollar and use the profit to fund other such initiatives!

Great idea - count me in, I will buy some and distribute them.

IMHO - Would make more sense to have something a little more colourful than the monochrome MRA sticker. Dayglo stickers anyone?
                      Adventure before Dementia

Comment

I like the idea, but I wonder about using the "look left, look right, look bike" slogan.

People generally associate that with bicycles, not motorbikes.

Something a bit more immediately recognisable as referring to motorbikes would be better IMHO.
                        No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Who used to do the yellow print on black background version? Think I still have one in pristine condition and will have a look. The police mobile display van used to hand them out along with the push bike crew. They were always popular with the non-riding relatives and friends as the colour scheme was good.
                          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

"Check your blind spot, murderer" is a little too extreme though.
                            This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Excellent idea!
                              I'd donate and also put one on the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X