Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just been hit ...

... by a bloody pushbike!

Had to get some fuel so jumped on the bike and as it was a nice night tonight, decided to take it for a little squirt through the city.

Was sitting at the Fitzgerald St lights waiting to turn right onto Roe St. There is a dedicated turning lane there. Lights turned green and I looked to my right, then moved off while glancing slightly to my left.

This fucking bicycle comes from behind me and to my left and cuts across the front of me to head west down Roe St, clipping my front wheel! A quick "sorry mate" and off he rides!

I was like "what the fuck just happened?"

I rode 100m down Roe St and stopped the bike to survey the damage. This guy rode over and apologised and I asked him WTF he was doing.

Tool of the Week: "The light was red so I thought I could just shoot across."

Me: "Did you not fucking see me there?"

TOTW: "Yeah, but I thought I could just get across because the light was red."

Me: "What the hell are you talking about? Are you high?"

I can only imagine he meant the light was red for the traffic on Roe St, so he thought he could skip through the intersection while traffic was stopped.

Never mind the fucking traffic on the road on which he's travelling, right?

For fuck's sake. If a bicyclist can't take proper measures to account for a motorcyclist on a public road, what hope is there for the cagers?
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

OMG
    :o
    Life's short, stay close to the things that make you happy!!

Comment

jeeeeeeeeeezus.

Any damage to your bike?

Any damage to HIM after that?
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

they still have to obey red lights. However many of them seem to think that they are "pedestrians"...
        No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

The light was green. The problem was, I was either invisible or this halfwit thought I would magically sense that he was approaching from behind and to my left and would therefore give way.

No real damage.

I'm just angry at the stupidity. And also, I think, the lack of respect for another road user. If I had been driving a Landcruiser this dickhead would be in traction.

Only a matter of time I suppose.

Comment

Cyclists don't pay license fees, insurance, rego or fuel tax.

Hence, they are simply obstacles...
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

^ +1

Comment

Rapidly losing faith in the general intelligence of the populace here.

Comment

jeez, lucky it wasnt a lot worse for you, that cyclist could have done some serious damage to you ya know, gotta watch out for them!

Bloody Hoons!
                  In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Crush his pushbike I say,
                    Bloody hoon
                    Drag'n

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

-W. Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                      geez it took you long enough..

so what damage was there to his face?

Comment

I'm just glad it was just a pushbike instead of a 4be...
                        Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                          yeah see thats the thing.

I've said it before and i'll say it again - people are fundamentally stupid, selfish pricks.

Comment

Sounds like the antics of a pushbike courier.
                            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                            Its the little things that make the difference
                            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

late night courier??

what a hoon, + 1 for crushing his bike.
                              Originally posted by kyliejane
                              benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                              Originally posted by harns
                              Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X