Ptsscch, ptsscch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ptsscch, ptsscch...

This rocked up at work today, very nice indeed.
    750cc turbo Kawasaki, worked motor, 810cc.
    This is in the same era as stuff like the Suzuki and Norton rotaries, when they where trying lots of different tech to try and get an edge.
    Precursor to Tysons 'busa

I hate you...
    another keyboard ruined....

I remember those coming out, just as horny then
    Real Men Ride Nakid
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

Strip the fairings, and chuck some new USD forks on it, and it'd be unreal
      Did the owner mention any sort of power figures?
      FTP

Comment

Even better, whack a 2007-spec ball bearing turbo on there instead of a turbocharger designed in the performance stone age, upgrade to injection and aftermarket management, and then see the improvement
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

It was. very nicely worked motor, and a lot of money spent on this bike.
          Originally posted by BigTim View Post
          Strip the fairings, and chuck some new USD forks on it, and it'd be unreal
          Did the owner mention any sort of power figures?
          He quoted me 200 ponies and reckoned it would keep up with a 'busa.
          The whine of the turbo sounded awesome through the dump pipe.

Comment

My idea, this much effort |-------|
            Your idea, this much effort |-------------------------------------------------|
            See where I'm going here?

Edit: Desmo- Mint Can't imagine the tyres available for that size rim would handle that much power well?
            FTP

Comment

lol

Hey, even just ditching the turbo for something recent would be a massive improvement I reckon - even with the carbies, etc.

Seriously, in the car world, there's been leaps and bounds made with turbochargers even in just the past 10 years. Let alone when the original turbo for this bike came off the production line

For example, with the old turbo i had on the cage... late 80s spec OEM nissan turbo (T25G) upgraded to HKS GT-SS (early 00s - same physical size, just different wheels in it, and a ball bearing core). Response from 1000rpm earlier (we're talking 1500 instead of 2500rpm), 30% more power. Double win
              Last edited by thro; 30-11-2007, 09:39 PM.
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

The bikes injected, that's a TPS in the second picture.

Comment

modded/aftermarket then, surely?

didn't think there was any injected bikes in teh 80s?

Comment

Where's this TPS? Is it the black thing between the two chrome things on the centre of the bike in the second picture?
                    PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Originally posted by 19andrew59 View Post
                      The bikes injected, that's a TPS in the second picture.
                      Correct.
                      I had a really good look and have no reason to doubt his claimed horsepower.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                        modded/aftermarket then, surely?

didn't think there was any injected bikes in teh 80s?
                        well excluding the bimmers and late ducati and bimota

kwaka 750 turbo ran same efi has the gpz1100

yamie xj650 turbo ran efi - i think

200hp and 2 pot calipers ....yikes :o

Comment

oh cool, fair enough Injection certainly makes fuelling a lot easier with turbocharging so it makes sense - i know there was a few carby turbo cars in the 80s and the general lag behind for injection on bikes just threw me i guess.

i'd be more worried about the 200hp + 150ish section rear tyre and 1980s chassis

Comment

Originally posted by corks67 View Post
                            kwaka 750 turbo ran same efi has the gpz1100
                            :o
                            Different size injectors and throttle bodies.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                              150ish section rear tyre and 1980s chassis
                              Just to make it a little more entertaining, the rear's a 130.

Comment

Working...
                              X