AHG ARD - Insurance discount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHG ARD - Insurance discount?

I'm with Western QBE (Bike) and RAC (Car) and they're feeding me some bullsh*t that it doesn't get me a discount on my premiums, nor do they offer discounts on premiums.

I always thought that taking ARD's and DDL1/2 (Defensive Driver) courses reduced either your excess or premiums - something I'd like to happen for $1k+ insurance per year and $1300 excess on my bike currently, just in case.

Is this really the case, or was the consultant misinformed at either RAC or WQBE?
    Last edited by Dubs; 07-12-2007, 07:54 AM. Reason: should be in gen gike.
    Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Originally posted by Tenchi View Post
    I'm with Western QBE (Bike) and RAC (Car) and they're feeding me some bullsh*t that it doesn't get me a discount on my premiums, nor do they offer discounts on premiums.

I always thought that taking ARD's and DDL1/2 (Defensive Driver) courses reduced either your excess or premiums - something I'd like to happen for $1k+ insurance per year and $1300 excess on my bike currently, just in case.

Is this really the case, or was the consultant misinformed at either RAC or WQBE?
    Yep, I tried same shit (reduction of premium) with WQBE on ARD cert, answer was - Nope...

Then I done a Defensive Driving course through my company and RAC said - Nope...

Cause the course wasnt booked through them, I gave up...

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
      Yep, I tried same shit (reduction of premium) with WQBE on ARD cert, answer was - Nope...

Then I done a Defensive Driving course through my company and RAC said - Nope...

Cause the course wasnt booked through them, I gave up...
      That's BS. Money grabbing @#$%@#$^@#$... -- The rest of this post has been edited to keep it's PG rating --
      Last edited by Tenchi; 01-12-2007, 07:17 PM. Reason: Less swearing

Comment

Western QBE don't.
        Asked, said yes, went to start the insurance off (after buying new vehicle) they turned and said we :-
        A- Arent suppose to insure you
        B- Don't offer a discount for driving courses ...

Bastards, your a safer driver/rider with the course right ?

Comment

Haven't you heard? Education and learning to drive/ride better turns you into a hoon, speed cameras are where its at...
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by ddoth View Post
            Western QBE don't.
            Asked, said yes, went to start the insurance off (after buying new vehicle) they turned and said we :-
            A- Arent suppose to insure you
            B- Don't offer a discount for driving courses ...

Bastards, your a safer driver/rider with the course right ?
            Well, lets look at the stats so far:

Before courses: Fender damage on the LHS and RHS from sliding my car off the road in 2 seperate incidents.

After courses: ??? Nada. I had learned 1) to avoid the situations and 2) control my car should it break traction.

Yah, I think I'm more dangerous now.
            Last edited by Tenchi; 02-12-2007, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X