Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swann insurance can jam it..........

Yo,

I know there has been some talk of insurance around here and just thought id let you guys know what I just enquired about.

I paid my full insurance for my 04 R6 $15,500 back in March and it cost me $1,600. At that point I was 24 and just under the new bracket of 25. My boss told me to jump their ass and ring them and get part there of refunded as it was paid all the way till March next year, because I turned 25 in july. I rang them up to ask for a refund on the part there of till march next year @ a 25yr old rate and they told me they don't refund. So I said well how about I just cancel my policy with you guy's and you refund me the amount left and I just re-open a new policy with you guys?? **silence on the phone** Well yes you could do that they say. So I then got a quote for everthing the same @ a 25yr old rate and it was only like $120 cheaper!! @ $1,480 i was like wtf???.

Everytime I ring Swann I get a different answer on quotes as they have no idea what they are doing!. Ive asked for quotes on a 04/05 R1 and they tell me different everytime as well.

So then I rang up Western QBE to get a quote. I was :shock: @ what the quote was............for the good though............$961 with a 500excess if needed!!......dammmmmmmm that is shasweeett....still alot of money but well cheaper than the bastards @ swann.

So im going to change my policy over to them for sure if everything works out. They said they aren't doing cover notes till next wednesday cause of the motogp on the weekend. I suppose everyone is trying to get insurance so they can do a rossi around the tracks/streets and crash their bikes lolz.

Anyway I also rang Swann back to see if they would price match (not that I really wanted to anyway because their customer service sucks!) and they said they don't and why should we, so **beep beep beep beep** I hung up on them.

Sorry for the rambling but just wanted to give you guys a heads up and insight into what you can achieve by ringing around in saving money. I should get about a $700 refund I guess from swann and then put that into Western QBE and ill be back to having a years insurance.

cheers
    Darren

I've just changed to WQBE, $320 pa cheaper than Swann!
    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Ive had similar issues with insurance in the past (vastly ranging quotes).
      I only have 1/3rd party property for the bike as I got it cheap and insurance for me was too higher percentage of the cost.

Car insurance for me - someone under 25 with a $14K Nissan 300ZX (non-turbo) ranged from $2500 to $800 with HBF who I went with - however, lots of places quoted different prices when I phoned them back (to see if they would match prices). I didnt tell them I had another quote - I waited to see if they gave me the same figure again. ...and they often didnt. :?

Comment

When i bought my new R1 two years ago i paid $1015 for the first years insurance. two years down the track they are now trying to charge me $1172 :shock: i called them rather swiftly and said that there must have been some sort of mistake as i never made a claim and nothing had changed. They blamed it on price hikes :?: Man i got that phone and called WQBE and they gave me a quote for $812... now the big decision... NOT!! PAYS TO SHOP AROUND..
        Wannabe Racer Girl

Comment

My insurance is up for renew... Guess i'll shop around
          Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

I had same experiance with Swann.

Phoned QBE and it was $800 per annum cheeper.

Swann can bend over and KMA.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Swann can bend over and KMA.
              amen to that!......can't wait to change my policy over next week!....It's weird cause i got a quote off QBE when I was 23 to get insurance for my honda cbr rr 250 and their quote was alot more expensive than what swann quoted me which is why I went with swann to start with. I have a feeling that QBE don't want much to do with pplz under the age of 25 hence their quotes are hella expensive but once you into the 25yr old bracket they are more happy to have your business therefore the price drops dramatically.

cheers
              Darren

Comment

Okay, well I'll give QBE a call next week, if someone has the number handy that'd be sweet. PM me with it or something.

Anything i need to know about when dealing with them?

Comment

Guess we should pen the same letter...

Dear Swann,

Get fucked!

Yours sincerely,
                  (insert name and some cat vomit) :twisted:
                  Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

I think Swann have enjoyed the false notion that they are the only choice for motorcycle insurance in WA. Maybe because they get pushed by dealers after the purchase of a bike as surely as a fart follows a curry.

I've never made an insurance claim on anything but home-contents so I can't comment with any validity, but I do have mate who went with QBE instead of Swann on his 98 ZX9R (back in 99). He made a claim in late 2000 after he hit the oh-so-familiar loose roadwork gravel on the road and they gave him 4 months of bullshit and tried to weasel out of paying about a dozen times. In the end they paid out, but it was a lot of cocking around.

If anyone can be bothered, we could list off all the Australia wide motrcycle insurers with any info we can get. If one or two people ring up a few each and ask some questions we should have a pretty good knowledge base to work with. Who knows, we could see if they'll cut us a good deal if we dangle a few hundred potential policy holders in front of them.

Obviously there are a few members we'd have to keep out of the discount discussion. You know who you are....come to think of it, so do we.

Comment

When getting a quote from Western QBE, ask for the following also;

1] Named rider = extra 5% discount

2] No more than 8,000km per year (private use) = extra 5% discount (they don't record your odometer!)

And to include any accessories (pipe, screen, alarm, rad-guard, etc) doesn't cost any extra!

8)
                      ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

Nice, thanks blade

Comment

This topic is popping up a lot lately :oops: Swann must be reviewing there options with motorcycle riders :oops: Like find someone else to do your insurance!
                          Mine is due in December, time to ring around.

Comment

insurance

Got my 145hp Vmax insured through Swann for $216 a year. I'm certainly over 25 and have had almost 20 years of road riding without incident. Thought I would give WQBE the chance to give me a quote over the internet (couldn't be bothered phoning them). Filled out the form and emailed it to them only to have them to reply saying thankyou, we have your quote, now phone us to get it. Whats the point of an "over the internet quote" if you've got to phone them to get it?
                            Stay Upright

Comment

Crap, and i was just about to get insurance with swann :?

Kinda fishing for quotes at the moment, but insurance companys don't like us young hoons. Anyone know my best bet on being 20 and getting insurance for a cbr250?

I dropped the poor thing on the ground a couple of weeks back(uninsured - my bad) and im forking out a shiteload of money to fix it, don't particularly want to go through the same process over and over.

Considering monthly payments, but ive been told by everyone swann is my best choice.... after this thread im kinda wondering :?:

Comment

Working...
                              X