Appalling riding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appalling riding...

by me, so if you're the rider of a red zzr250 (I think), splitting the freeway NOR this morning, and got cut off by a lunatic, I apologise unreservedly.

*for those who want an explaination, before I moved into the the right-hand splitting lane, did mirrors and head check, but didn't see him / her. Only after I moved did I see them. I think they were 'tucked' into the middle lane at the time. I knew they were around as I had seen them when I was in the left lane - so I did look for them but didn't see them at all.

So, my bad!!

D'art

Well done for admitting to it. We've all done it one time or another.

Comment

umm naughty naughty

OOiiih just noticed your bike in your profile, nice ride

Comment

Good cough there D'Art.

Haven't seen any pictures of the beast yet...come on..get your act together
        Originally posted by Viper
        I'm probably fucking something up.
        FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
        Administrator

Comment

Bike hasn't slowed down enough to get piccies :p

Seriously, I'm moving house so only had a chance to ride her once or twice...piccies soon or see below for illustration :p

D'Art

Comment

Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
            by me, so if you're the rider of a red zzr250 (I think), splitting the freeway NOR this morning, and got cut off by a lunatic, I apologise unreservedly.

*for those who want an explaination, before I moved into the the right-hand splitting lane, did mirrors and head check, but didn't see him / her. Only after I moved did I see them. I think they were 'tucked' into the middle lane at the time. I knew they were around as I had seen them when I was in the left lane - so I did look for them but didn't see them at all.

So, my bad!!

D'art
            I am at my most nervous when i know there is a bike behind or around me. Damn difficult to see sometimes unless they put themselves in your "vision" spot.

I still believe that, as at the track, it is the responsibility of the overtaking rider to make sure that the bike in front is aware and to overtake in a safe way ie move lanes if necessary.
            I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

I always worry when merging that another rider is hiding between some cars, really hard to see sometimes....

Comment

I had a Monster rider cut me off last week, and I swore and cursed them. Now I feel |-| <-- this small

Comment

+1 to the rider behind being responsible for keeping a look out at what you're doing.

of course, cutting them up is still terrible form, good on ya for admitting and apologising tho
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

every one has done it once ... i did it once to a scooter tryin to split... felt bad

but i did look

good on ya for admitting it...

can see it was honest mistake

Comment

Working...
                    X