Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter Steering?

tried a search, didnt turn up much...

does anyone know any good links to websites that have a decent explanation of counter steering? id like to read up about it...

or if anyone wants to post info that would be great.

Ta

Counter Steering

pretty decent read

Comment

I fear you didn't search too hard m'laddyo, a quick google on Motorcycle Techniques Countersteering, found lots. Including this Countersteering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which sums things up nicely. Best way is to practice of course. Done a trackday? they go through it using Witches hats, bet the Witches are pissed.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C848R9xWrjc"]YouTube - Countersteering 101 v1.1[/ame]

Comment

Nice Vid Moose... Explained it well i thought.
          Originally posted by JuanGabrielle
          I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

Comment

yeh vid is ok, but doesnt realy show aggressive counter steering very well
            this is a good pic

Comment

250 Trakdayz, Walley

Comment

Twist of the wrist I and II by Keith Code
                worth having in any motorcycle riders library...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M00se View Post
                  this is a good pic
                  Isn't that oversteer as opposed to countersteer?
                  www.sizematters.com.au Health::Fitness::Bodybuilding::Nutrition

2008 Ducati 848 for sale. http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...p?do=ad&id=243

Comment

Originally posted by DAVA View Post
                    Isn't that oversteer as opposed to countersteer?
                    No, oversteer is turning more than intended.

Comment

I have a demonstration Gyroscope that shows the effect extremely well ))))

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M00se View Post
                        this is a good pic
                        That's not countersteering, that's someone 'backing it in' and or powersliding... at race speeds the angle of countersteer is almost invisible (As said in that video)

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                          That's not countersteering, that's someone 'backing it in' and or powersliding... at race speeds the angle of countersteer is almost invisible (As said in that video)
                          You need to countersteer when powersliding or you you'll end up very sore when you hit the ground..

Comment

true I guess.. but that's a whole different application and if people countersteer to the extent in that pic when NOT powersliding they're gonna bin it

Comment

I don't get it? :/
                              Isn't this just a term for something that is done unconsciously by people who have ridden long enough? :/

Comment

Working...
                              X