Wheel chocks :argh:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel chocks :argh:

I'm getting a trailer soon (hopefully very soon) to cart my bike here, there, and everywhere. It will also come in handy for hauling dirt bikes. *hint hint*.

The trailer is basically going to have a flat floor with no sides, and I want some wheel chocks to fit to the tray, that I can remove to stow the trailer when not in use (its one of those folding Easy Trailers).

Question is, where the hell can I get some wheel chocks? Plenty for sale from US online retailers, which is great if you live in bloody America, and who wants that shit?

Anyone know a local retailer that sells them?

Ballards Offroad Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories

Comment

I've seen that type of chock listed on other sites, but the twin front disc brake of a roadie will hit the sides of it.

Comment

you won't find something to accommodate all bikes unless you have removable chocks for road and dirt. Even the road/dirt rails are hugely different sizes. Will get a bit of movement in the wheels in a dirtbike in road chocks, not a major issue though if it's tied down properly

Best to get something custom made, I am sure one of the guys on here can bend some pipes for you

Comment

You could always make some up

ALLOY BIKE RACK

I was thinking that'd be the type of thing you want... maybe you're chasing something to go in for the back wheel too? All the bike trailers I've seen just have the front wheel locked into something, and then just tie the thing down.

Just make sure your trailer has plenty of spots to strap stuff down and I'm sure you'd be fine with something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by nom View Post
            the trailer has no-where to bolt something like that to. It needs to be set into the tray of a ute or a van. Thats what I was looking at for my ute

Comment

It should be easy enough to make or have made a couple of different wheel chocks.
              All you then have to do is "keyhole" the trailer.
              Depending on the thickness of the trailer floor, it may pay to plate it before you keyhole.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 19andrew59; 05-12-2007, 01:18 PM.

Comment

So you've got no back on the trailer shelf of any kind?

Here's an idea... you could get some flat steel like 10mm x 60mm or something around that (wide strips but reasonably thin) then weld it up in a couple of L shapes... then just mount them on the tray in a tapered position so no matter how wide the wheels are , they'll find a form spot to come to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by 19andrew59 View Post
                  It should be easy enough to make or have made a couple of different wheel chocks.
                  All you then have to do is "keyhole" the trailer.
                  Depending on the thickness of the trailer floor, it may pay to plate it before you keyhole.
                  That's kind of what I wanted, with a little channel bit at the back to hold the back wheel. There are US based online stores that sell them but do you think the retards will ship outside the US? Course not.

Originally posted by nom View Post
                  So you've got no back on the trailer shelf of any kind?

Here's an idea... you could get some flat steel like 10mm x 60mm or something around that (wide strips but reasonably thin) then weld it up in a couple of L shapes... then just mount them on the tray in a tapered position so no matter how wide the wheels are , they'll find a form spot to come to rest.
                  At this stage, because its just for bikes, the floor will probably just be 17mm marine ply. But whatever chocks I use have to be removable because the trailer floor folds in half so that I can stow it.

Comment

Chocks? why?

Tiedowns should be positioned in such a manner that chocks arn't necessary.

Otherwise look at the tiedowns that clamp down the back wheel instead ... I'll look em up at work tomorrow.

Comment

BAXLEY TRAILER COMPANY chock
                      My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                      Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                      Q-Zar Fremantle
                      Rated-R Parts
                      PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
                      Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
                      CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
                      Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Tyredown Tie Downs -$159

Comment

On sale for $115 actually Dingo....
                          Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Wow its an aussie product! There I was thinking it was quoting in US

Comment

Easytrailer make those fold up trailers and they have wheel runners and holding chock things. index
                              Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Working...
                              X