Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Section Moderators Appointed

People of PSB

As you may have noticed over the last 12 months PSB has grown very very fast.

To keep it all ticking over we decided to enlist the services of a few members to help manage the place.

We have decided to appoint 6 new section Moderators.

We would like to congratulate the following people and welcome them to the sharp end of the stick.

In the loop / General Bike Talk = S4R and Hornet
    Mod and Being Techmicle = Arwon
    Home Grown = Rob and Maya
    Babes = Halo_2

The new Moderators are on their "L"s for the next 6 months while they get a handle on things.

We will be appointing other Moderators to the remaining sections in the near future.

Thanks to everyone who put in an application, stay tuned as you may be next.

May the Stick be with You

Cheers

The PSB Staff
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Originally posted by Hewie View Post
    We would like to congratulate the following people and welcome them to the sharp end of the stick.
    Wouldnt that be the handle end of the stick???

I for one, welcome our new forum overlords!!! Huzzah!!!!
    Last edited by Bunyack; 06-12-2007, 01:00 PM.
    Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

I don't. I think there would have been dozens of better choices then Hornet. His posts lately seem to grate on my nerves, can I be the only one? The entire "begging" for mod access thing smacks of Highschoolery.

Yeah he organises some stuff which is cool, but meh. This is not a democracy nor my forum, so do as you please benevolent overlords...

(top stuff with the other oppointments, seems long overdue)

Comment

Originally posted by Pkunk View Post
        I don't. I think there would have been dozens of better choices then Hornet. His posts lately seem to grate on my nerves, can I be the only one? The entire "begging" for mod access thing smacks of Highschoolery.
        Were you born a cock or is this a seasonal thing?
        My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
        Motorcycle Panel & Paint
        Q-Zar Fremantle
        Rated-R Parts
        PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
        Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
        CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
        Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Good on 'em for putting their hand up.

I didn't like the idea of people knowing I was the one who came in and removed their shit.

Hopefully Halo enforces some serious standards.
          This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Good on you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TYSON View Post
              Were you born a cock or is this a seasonal thing?
              *shrug* Not trying to be antagonistic.

carry on with the good work

Comment

haha hornet got his wish. nice.

Comment

There goes the neighbourhood...

Comment

A Mod starts his reign of terror by being on hiatus until the Christmas party...

Oooookay

Good on you peeps for sticking your necks out and nuts in for this thankless task. Because of course you did it in a fit of selfless desire to improve the community, rather than as a grab for power. Didn't you.
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

congrats to all

i think they will do a good job

great work to all involved selecting these people

Comment

application? meh. never knew it existed...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                          A Mod starts his reign of terror by being on hiatus until the Christmas party...

Oooookay

Good on you peeps for sticking your necks out and nuts in for this thankless task. Because of course you did it in a fit of selfless desire to improve the community, rather than as a grab for power. Didn't you.
                          The hiatus is from posting, not whacking...

It might come as a surprise to a lot of people that wanting to have some authoritai, and then actually applying for it, thinking about the consequences of having it and how to use it are two different things. If just having the power to whack is all it is, then I see no real point in having it. The reason I applied, in the end, was to help out, plain and simple. Taking a bit of a break from posting and seeing the amount of crap, dribble and useless banter that these guys have to go through really opens your eyes to what the mods, Staff and Admin have to put up with, unpaid and in their own time.

I hope that I can take some of the load from the other mods, Staff and Admin, and that I don't piss off too many people in doing so.

/brown-nosing.

BTW, pkunt, I never begged anyone for moderatorshipness. I posted jokes about it, poked fun at Deej about it, asked others if they wanted it, but never actually asked anyone FOR it. I applied, just like anyone else, using the application under quick links. If you think you're a better choice, put your money where you mouth is.
                          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                          Amen, brother. Amen.
                          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                            werds..
                            Not even one day as a mod and you're already being a whiney bitch... Did you take the car to work today too ?

Comment

<watches nath dissapear>
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X