Dead bike .. Who ya gonna call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead bike .. Who ya gonna call?

What numbers you keep in your phones incase the worst happens and your bike needs to be towed? I'm looking for a few companies would you trust to tow your bike.. Contactable 24/7, can do country pickup etc.. I could just go thru the yellow pages but thought I'd ask here first.

I haven't been caught out yet but I'm guessing its going to happen someday. Be prepared and all that.

ghost busters..

woops, I mean My Mrs, we have a ute

Doesn't Sabre1 have a bike towing service. Someone should be able to hook you up with his number

Comment

MTS - Murdoch Towing Service.
      Luciecat
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

RAC

well i'm sorry RAC isn't long enough for a post, you stupid
        forum software. Purple monkey dishwasher.

Comment

"Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim, can you do me a favourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr? I'll shout you beer"

Comment

Or, in the case of some... "Tiiiiiiim, can you drive me to the opposite end of the planet? In exchange I'll give you - SFA".
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
              Or, in the case of some... "Tiiiiiiim, can you drive me to the opposite end of the planet? In exchange I'll give you - SFA".
              Bwaahahahahaha... god I hate it when bitches do that to me.

If i have RAC insurance (comprehensive) on my CAR, can I get them to tow my BIKE ?
              Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Originally posted by Tenchi View Post
                Bwaahahahahaha... god I hate it when bitches do that to me.

If i have RAC insurance (comprehensive) on my CAR, can I get them to tow my BIKE ?
                I have RAC coverage for my bike. If only the bike would go, it'd be sweet now.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                  RAC

well i'm sorry RAC isn't long enough for a post, you stupid
                  forum software. Purple monkey dishwasher.
                  Its been a while since I've looked into what they offer, thought you had membership locked into one specified vehicle.... So I looked and just joined there roadside assistance "ultimate" cover, this includes personal cover for any vehicle, including your bikes.

Comment

I've got RAC Roadside Assistance Ultimate. Ultimate is like 160 per year, but it covers any 1 vehicle I nominate, and covers me in any vehicle.

Which means my bike is covered, and when I get a car and second bike they are covered too. Also my mate's cars are covered If I happen to be driving them when they break

RAC can attempt to fix it or tow it. I doubt they could do much worth on bikes, but they could jump start or bring spare petrol if need be.

Oh and it should give me a discount on my insurance when its up for renewal (also with RAC).

Comment

^^ when i stopped to push a car out of the way that ran out of petrol, i let them use my phone to call RAC (they had a membership) and RAC told them they wont be coming out to help if they have knowingly ran out of petrol???

Got a voice message on my phone 3 hours later asking if they were still stuck. I gather they have a duty of care of some sorts? im sure i read in the policy for my old car that they bring you petrol but at an extreme $ per litre rate?

Comment

RAC towies are useless. I remember waiting three hours in a VERY dodgy area for an RAC towie - he turned up at 11pm. By that time I was hiding in the footwell behind the driver's seat.

God knows what it'd be like waiting with a bike!
                        Originally posted by vk6hgr
                        My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Try Motorcycle pick-up, his names Tony. Used him a couple of years ago, great bloke, great service. 0407987248

Comment

ive got a trailer...

work out costs as it comes...

im sure theres plenty of people on here that would help out...

theres enough of us here to cover 24/7 lol

Comment

Bike lifters or Motorcycle movers both good in da phone book usally cards at bike shops..
                              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
                              X