X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Section 60 Award - Noms close 9th Dec

I Nominate: ________________
    I Nominate them for the following circumstances:

When detailing the events that led to nomination, please be as descriptive and entertaining as possible to ensure we all have the opportunity to have a laff at the nominee's expense.

Please note, PSB do not condone riding that would bring about a charge under the Road Traffic Act. We only wish to take the piss out of those who have done so to punish them and educate them so they don't do it again. PSB are strong believers that Wheelies are Bad mmm k?
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

For those not necessarily familiar with section 60...

ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1974 - SECT 60 Reckless driving

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I Nominate: Desmogod

For being dumb enough to think that Mr Plod does not visit Reid Hwy, and that embarking on attempting the land speed record on the way to work perhaps was not the smartest thing he could have done.

Techically the speed being undertaken would have come under the Section 60 / Hoon Law, but the upside was Mr Plod did not confiscate bike as he was a nice copper, but could have, which gives clear indication of speed Desmo was travelling.

So maybe not a true contender for Section 60, but funny nonetheless.

Comment

as i understand it, to qualify for section 60, you need to be charged with a section 60 offence? speeding a bit doesn't qualify?
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

meh. Clown shoes states not on a race track, but doesn't stop people posting them to take the piss out of the person.

why not here??

Comment

I may win the award for highest achiever, or best effort, but I didn't get 60'd this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
              I may win the ward for highest achiever, or best effort, but I didn't get 60'd this year.

1st line of the section 60 code (blah blah blah which expression includes speed blah blah blah)

sorry mate I reckon that'd count, we can't go getting too picky or it'd take the fun out of it.

Comment

he didint actually get done for it so it doesnt really count.
                Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

well, this one did.

I Nominate: PolishBiker

Getting caught doing 112 in a 60 zone. In his thread he stated he was done for reckless, thus okay for Section 60 nomination.

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...torbike-32982/

(and that i think actually beats Jim's for highest price)

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                    as i understand it, to qualify for section 60, you need to be charged with a section 60 offence? speeding a bit doesn't qualify?
                    No.

If you got away with a section 60 offence you are also eligible. (IE: if you got caught, but let off)
                    The Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by resist View Post
                      No.

If you got away with a section 60 offence you are also eligible. (IE: if you got caught, but let off)

resist is correct.
                      My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                      Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                      Q-Zar Fremantle
                      Rated-R Parts
                      PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
                      Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
                      CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
                      Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

oh snap, so desmo is eligible.
                        Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

Well I got a pursuit called on me for travelling faster than V8 Commodore is able to.

Didn't even know I was being pursued.

And I got let off with 125 in a 90.

And then there was the alledged 130 in a 80.

Got let off that completely, well I got a $50 fine for having an old rego disc.

But if I didn't get charged surely it doesn't count.

Comment

Howabout Black R1 owners who do a runner from the cops, only to find out its actually their mates 749 Ducati headlights going over a bump?

Pseudo s.60 surely?

Comment

Haha, Desmo it is then!!!
                              Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Working...
                              X