An Idea i had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Idea i had

In a few of threads popping up lately specifically dealing with Road safety issues I've been quite impressed with some forum members wordiness and ability to compose and articulate a point of view.

Has anyone ever considered turning the PSB frontpage into a news style a la news.com/perthnowish bulletin board for bikers points of view and pro bike propaganda? I don't think we'd have any trouble getting contributions although it'd mean more work for somebody,I think it's a cool idea nonetheless.

Thoughts?

+1

purple monkey dishwasher
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by millsy View Post
      In a few of threads popping up lately specifically dealing with Road safety issues I've been quite impressed with some forum members wordiness and ability to compose and articulate a point of view.

Has anyone ever considered turning the PSB frontpage into a news style a la news.com/perthnowish bulletin board for bikers points of view and pro bike propaganda? I don't think we'd have any trouble getting contributions although it'd mean more work for somebody,I think it's a cool idea nonetheless.

Thoughts?
      This was planned, and as far as I'm aware is still the plan, but the forum changeover, MAD ride and other things got in the way.

Comment

Ahhh... very good

I knew it was a good idea.

Comment

bloody good idea, with only one drawback that i can see
          you are preaching to the choir, to search out PSB means that the interest of bikes is already there
          but for sure it's a start, because maybe it might show that just because we ride we dont have to be a knuckle dragging troglodyte that cant string at least two intelligible words together in a sentence

OH hang on!!! i have been like that on occasion
          there are 3 kinds of lies:, lies, damned lies and statistics [benjamin disraeli] 1804-1881

Comment

The idea was that the PSB frontpage will be a focal point for all sorts of motorcycle related news. People would have to come through the frontpage first before accessing the forum. Hence PSB would have its own information portal as the first port of call just like that horrible little cuntturd of a website PerthNow.

There are, or was, a group of forum users who had been selected to write articles on various motorcycling related topics, from current events to product and bike reviews to race reports, so the content will be varied and interesting. Its just a case of the people in charge having the time amongst other things in life to be able to get the idea back on track

Comment

someone (i think it was rooster) mentioned there was some big things coming early next year...

Comment

i think thats a good idea. Just look at things like MotorCycleNews home - the biggest motorcycling community in the UK - MCN, it's mostly a paper, and a web site, but there is plenty of members.

But yeah, just having info on the front site is a good idea. Just need to make sure people see the JOIN PSB buttons and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by Drach View Post
                  Just need to make sure people see the JOIN PSB buttons and what not.
                  have each article trail off mid sentence with a "....more" as a clicky which takes them to a signup page.

Comment

But we would be keeping Erion Dave right? Plz?
                    sigpic

Comment

Volunteers to be events photographer

Now that I know I'm going to have some money left over from buying the new bike, I intend to invest some dollars to get back into photography (i kinda fell behind in the move to digital)

Comment

Working...
                      X