Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning your bike

What do you use to clean your bike .
    I use mr sheen and apparently it takes the paint off.
    WTF need help please suggest poss solution?

plexus is sposed to be good
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Plexus.

Comment

tomato sauce

Comment

bbq FTW
          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

soy sauce... any car cleanin product does the goods
            (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

Soap and hot water.

Call me a traditionalist.
              Originally posted by Melkor
              The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

car shampoo for now, though if you're anal enough about it and wash it often enough, you can get away with water only...
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I've never heard of Mr sheen taking paint off but I was told by a painter that it leaves silicone deposits and that I shouldnt use it on paint.

I just use car shampoo on the whole thing and Mr Sheen on shiny bits.
                  CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO OVERTAKE THIS VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN A HIGH SPEED WHEELIE

Comment

JME put the fear of god in it and since then I thought I can see paint
                    hence the question

Comment

I just use Rain.
                      You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

^^

Sounds like my housemate jez. He actually washed his bike properly the other day and it started looking shiny and stuff... bastard didn't even have to polish it
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Kero for the muck, CT-19 for the realy tuff shit, mild dishwashing liquid solution for the normal bits, compressed air blow dry so as not to leave any water in the crevises (lotsa little nooks & crannys on my bike) chamois the rest dry, nu-finish wax on the paint, autosol for teh shiney metal bits.
                          In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                          Its the little things that make the difference
                          Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                          If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Don't know where the hell they got the Mr Sheen damaging paintwork from, sounds like BS to me. I've been using Mr Sheen on my ZZR in particular for the past 5 years and it hasn't damaged the paintwork, or the clearcoat for that matter. If anything, its helped preserve the bike's paint. I gave it a good wash a few weeks ago after the worst of winter had passed, hadn't cleaned it since before winter and after a bit of surface finishing with Mr Sheen it came up like new, even after 5 years.

As for the rest of it, what Aphex posted is what I would do if I wanted to be really fastidious and pedantic, like when I entered my 636 in the S&S at the MAD ride that's what I did but I wouldn't do it often, simply because I'm a slack arse.

Comment

pre rinse with water

use a microfibre cloth with ARMOUR ALL wash and wax

dry with a microfibre cloth

Use hands to apply the polish onto the plastics, i use POLYGLAZE diamond finish, its good for new surfaces because it is not abrasive like tradition cut and polish products.

once the bike is well covered with a thin layer of polish, let it dry and buff off with a polish cloth.

the end result is very shiny and very slippery. your bike will be protected from water and dust due tot he polish layer.

Plexus gets the same results in the short term but its not as long lasting as a proper polish.

Comment

Working...
                              X