Bike Jacket for me Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Jacket for me Girl

Does anyone know of any good places/jackets for my GF.
    I have a Dririder which is great however I run hot and she runs cold so while I am happy with the DriRider its breeziness might be too much coolness for her. Is leather still good? I am looking for protection as she is a once a week/month pillion.

Also any sales on at the moment? Yeah yeah, Pre Xmas

Paul

Depends of what sort of money you are looking at spending. I personally love Joe Rocket jackets but leather ones start from about $600(including thermal lining) or so (well, last time I checked anyway) or there are now some nice Ixon textile jackets (most of which come with thermal lining but are generally pretty warm anyway) and they start from about $180ish. McCulloch's Suzuki in Vic Park have a great range of Joe Rocket and the bikes shops near the Causeway in Vic Park have Ixon etc etc. Check em out (if its not too far away for ya!)
    In the cherry blossom's shade
    There's no such thing
    as a stranger.

Comment

I have a Dririder suited wet weather and it is as toasty as. By the looks there are a few different models, so some would be a little warmer than others.

My dririder is definately warmer than my leather jacket, but that is because my backprotector wont fit in my leather jacket if I have the lining in, not to mention the dririder is longer than my leather jacket, so there isnt a gap between my jacket and my jeans.

Take her out and try some on.

My personal preference is for sturdy double stitched leather (think Dianese and Alpinestars), but that is because I expect my gear to last for a couple of crashes.

I tend to run cold, once I loose my body heat Im stuffed. In the winter, think about getting her some thermals - long sleeve top and leggs, it definately helps.

When looking for gear, I check out all the causeway shops (the accessory place across from McDonalds and all the bike shops on the main strip) to see what is there, if you find something you like and dont like the price, you can always do a ring around or ask your favourite shop to order it in.

My 2c

Comment

as much as i supports shopd in perth, on this occasion EBAY is your friend.
        Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

EBAY is your friend.
          +1

Link for girly stuff is below.. just to show you how much is out there now... go find someone or some shop that has jackets..try em all on. Try ebay, or try the shops direct.

Minefield out there for ladies gear now....choice is Huge.

Women's Motorcycle Apparel

Comment

If your looking for something a bit cheeper then lether, I picked up a nice synthetic one for the gf from yamaha in joodallup. It cost less than $300 and have a removeable liner aswell

Comment

offer $110 for this eBay Motors: SHIFT Racing Womens M1 Street Leather Jacket Black SM (item 180189823676 end time Dec-12-07 14:54:15 PST)

$75USD postage is bs but a leather jacket for $215 all up is pretty sweet

Comment

PM sent

Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Comment

http://www.mcas.com.au/_product.php?...=1&prodid=6280

$215 RJays ventillated jacket - not for winter - has zip out liner.
                  Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them they die.

Comment

Originally posted by nez View Post
                    offer $110 for this eBay Motors: SHIFT Racing Womens M1 Street Leather Jacket Black SM (item 180189823676 end time Dec-12-07 14:54:15 PST)

$75USD postage is bs but a leather jacket for $215 all up is pretty sweet
                    Absofrickinlutely! Mine was $206...white/black..BEWDIFUL
                    Why be difficult?
                    Put some effort into it and be IMPOSSIBLE !

Comment

Working...
                    X