• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAC story

RAC WA » Home » About Us » RAC eNews » The Two Wheel Boom

These links came on a RAC Emagazine email

whats do you think?

RAC policy has been to price themselves out of the 2 wheel insurance market and focus on cars (and house). I guess they are looking at oil prices and reading the trend towards scooters and seeing a diminishing market for their services.

story looks like a scam to get your email address so they can spam you with insurance offers.
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

I see them, seeing a way to increase their profits. Arseholes

Comment

Insurance is just one of the things RAC does.

It would be hugely beneficial to have RAC "on our side" so to speak because they carry a huge amount of weight when conversing with the government. When the RAC says stuff, the Road Safety bodies listen.

Member advocacy is a big part of the RAC and I would like to see them acknowledging that many of their members ride and therefore taking a bigger role in motorcycle related policy.

Comment

I've personally *never* had a problem with RAC.

I use them for my car insurance, and should they ever offer competative motorcycle insurance, i'd switch to them in a minute. Unlike the big banks and telcos, the RAC remains one of those places that you can't really say anything wrong about them, and I like that about them

Comment

Originally posted by nom View Post
            the RAC remains one of those places that you can't really say anything wrong about them, and I like that about them
            I can. They refused to cover my car because it's an import.

Never mind it's more common on the road than say, an audi A4, VW Golf, etc...
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
              Insurance is just one of the things RAC does.

It would be hugely beneficial to have RAC "on our side" so to speak because they carry a huge amount of weight when conversing with the government. When the RAC says stuff, the Road Safety bodies listen.
              It would be good if we could, but I got a very clear impression that the RAC dont want to have anything to do with motorcycles based on their trying to charge nearly $1000 to insure my bike for 12months, everyone else aroung $2-250 PA,
              and i thought it a bit rude to charge me double for road side assist 1 for car and 1 for bike, i can only use 1 at a time!
              National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Originally posted by MADOGA View Post
                It would be good if we could, but I got a very clear impression that the RAC dont want to have anything to do with motorcycles based on their trying to charge nearly $1000 to insure my bike for 12months, everyone else aroung $2-250 PA,
                and i thought it a bit rude to charge me double for road side assist 1 for car and 1 for bike, i can only use 1 at a time!
                Like I said, insurance is just one part of the RAC's business. The reason their premiums on bikes is high is simply because at the moment they are not targeting bike business. Thats all it is. Its got nothing to do with them not liking bikes as such, bikes just arent a main part of their business model currently. This is likely to change when they finally realise that many older drivers are returning to riding as well. When they realise this they will improve their insurance cover for bikes.

And re roadside assist - I dont know about you paying double, I have RAC Ultimate which is $160 or something and it covers ME rather than the vehicle. It covers ME regardless of what vehicle i am driving.

Comment

what shits me about the RAC is that they are happy to give quotes more than 3 times as much as anyone else for exactly the same product.

Were you to 'trust' them and not be smart enough to call around they would quite happily rip you off.

If you dont want to insure bikes thats fine but dont rip off people who make the mistake of trusting you to be reasonably competitive (as they are for most everything else)

poor form

moX

Comment

[quote=thro;692397]I can. They refused to cover my car because it's an import.quote]

similar story here.
                    after having cover for my car for five years i thought that i would get a good deal on my 250 insurance.
                    alas, my imported bike didn't come up on their register so they couldn't help me. funnily enough, the same thing happened with AAMI and they just did the forms manually (ie; they were HELPFUL)

then when i went to get insurance for my big bike (still had car insured) they refused to insure me because of age/power ratio. too young (23) for a big bike (750) apparently.

so i never had any claims in 5 years, never was late on a payment, model customer who just wanted something back for their money over the years. they told me to take my business elsewhere.

i no longer have anything insured with them.

made use of my roadside assistance a number of times, but each and every time they were unable to do anything at all besides tow the car. (where do these "mechanics" come from??) unfortunately this always happened outside their 12km free towing distance, so had to pay premium prices.

in summation:
                    helpful on insurance matters - negative
                    helpful with roadside assistance - negative

Comment

Working...
                    X