Letter From My MP to John Kobelke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter From My MP to John Kobelke

This is a copy of a letter that my MP wrote to John Kobelke.

Write to your members of parliament everyone, lets make sure he gets a letter from every MP!

Hon. John Kobelke MLA
    Minister for Community Safety
    20th Floor
    Governor Stirling Tower
    197 St George’s Terrace
    PERTH WA 6000

Dear Minister

I write on behalf of all motor cycle riders to ask that a road safety campaign be launched that is directed towards car drivers to make them more aware of the presence of motor cycles on our roads, similar to the campaign that was launched in New South Wales in October 2002.

Members of the Motorcycle Riders Association of Western Australia are concerned with the recent statement by the Independent Chair of the Road Safety Council, Mr Grant Dorrington, who stated that “motorcyclists should be responsible for their own safety”.

Obviously, all road users are responsible for their own safety, however, motorcyclists tend not to be on the mind of motorists and it is this lack of attention that is the cause of many accidents involving motorcyclists. Statistics from the WA Insurance Commission in 2006 stated that of the 403 accidents involving the hospitalisation of a rider or pillion, fault was placed on the motorcycle rider in only 25 (6.2%) of these cases.

I, therefore, reiterate my call for a road safety campaign that will concentrate on making road users more aware of the presence of motor cycles on our roads.

Your advice in this regard would be very much appreciated.

Yours sincerely
    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

good stuff! I still haven't heard from the three I wrote to: ORS, Kobelke, and Quiggles...

Comment

Excellent

Comment

Originally posted by flashthebiker View Post
        good stuff! I still haven't heard from the three I wrote to: ORS, Kobelke, and Quiggles...
        I wrote to the Quigly one meself....heard nuffing.
        Originally posted by Viper
        I'm probably fucking something up.
        FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
        Administrator

Comment

Write again!

Comment

Well done.

I'll be writing to my MP for sure after no response from the ORS directly.
            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
            Its the little things that make the difference
            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by hokoyo View Post
              Write again!
              Letter sent again...and some more added support for him to stand up as a local MP.
              Originally posted by Viper
              I'm probably fucking something up.
              FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
              Administrator

Comment

I sent some further information on VicRoads initiative's to my MP and got back this reply

Thank you. If Katie doesn't get satisfaction from her representation to the Minister, she may wish to ask questions in Parliament or do a Grievance. This information will be of great assistance.

Comment

Hmmm, 20th floor on St Geos tce!

So thats where Mr Kobelke spends our money, on his office!
                  07 MV F41000R
                  09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                  07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                  sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

I think Quigley has a bit on his mind at the moment that may be more important than motobikers..."jack the dancer" seems to have come back to pay him a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
                      I think Quigley has a bit on his mind at the moment that may be more important than motobikers..."jack the dancer" seems to have come back to pay him a visit.
                      Maybe so but I'm sure he has staff who read his emails and could at least acknowledge receipt.

Wouldn't wish the big C on anyone, hopefully he can fight it

Comment

Shadow Spokesperson for Community Safety??

who is the shadow spokesperson for Community Safety in WA? Is there one? I can't find that huge list Billy Whizz posted of all MP's in WA...

found him - John McGrath - email sent....
                        Last edited by flashpixx; 12-12-2007, 08:27 PM. Reason: I didn't look hard enough before posting...

Comment

It was either last week or the one before but Tony Simpson sent me a copy of a letter sent to the MRAWA in response to a letter like that from hokoyo. I forget which shadow minister it was from but he'd cc'd all the riding pollies and basically said he agreed completely and was frustrated that so many of his colleagues in politics were being sucked in by the Dorrington et al bullshit reports that appeared on their desks.

Maybe BillyWhizz can track down a copy otherwise I'll search through my emails at work tomorrow - there are actually pro-motorcycling pollies out there, it's just a case of using them to convince the others.

Comment

I believe the Labor State Government genuinely wants to reduce the road toll......As long as it does not effect its revenue stream.

Comment

Working...
                            X