Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding out of class repercussions.

Hey all ,

Was just wondering what the standard for getting caught riding out of class was these days?

I was once told that the coppas don't usually care too much, and you'd prolly get away with a slap on the wrist the first time if you flashed them your pearly whites.
    -taboo_

Into Dark Souls 2? Listen to our podcast - The Dark Souls Two.

Court appearance.

Comment

sounds like a good idea, most laws are flexible like that when it comes to motorbikes.

moX

Comment

The popo stance:

Slap on the wrist & $100 fine if you dont have your learners

Court appearance and big arse pineapple if you do have your learners.

The PSB stance:

DO NOT TURN UP ON ANY RIDES.

Exceptions to this are in the case where you have your learners, and a shadow. (this clause also carries and exception in that you shall not turn up unless you have at least third party property insurance)
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Thought it had been a while since this cropped up
          such comment
          wow
          many post

Comment

Popo: Pineapple
            PSB: Pine log.

Comment

Pearly whites? Should get more sun.
              This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

If youve got your learners and no shadow its a loss of licence and fine from memory.

And as per Aphex's comment
                Dont turn up on any rides without your learners, insurance and a shadow.
                Turfierific!

Comment

Search feature is your friend. This has been covered many times.

Some people will get pissed off that this has come up again (don't know why, its a public forum). But general problem is insurance. But Aphex said it best.
                  Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                    Thought it had been a while since this cropped up
                    Like a week or two?

Dont do it!!

Comment

=D Thanks guys, I should have known this topic would get a fair bit of attention.

I have no intention of doing anything stupid. I can sit my big boys test in March and in the situation I were to get my bike before then I just wanted to know what I would be up against should I decide to get a little practice in before hand.
                      -taboo_

Into Dark Souls 2? Listen to our podcast - The Dark Souls Two.

Comment

"Slap on the wrist & $100 fine if you dont have your learners"

NOT ALWAYS TRUE. You can still be ordered to court even if you don't have your Ls for R class. You have been warned.

Comment

you crash, your insurance is void. and what everyone else said.
                          Originally posted by kyliejane
                          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                          Originally posted by harns
                          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

This thread needs balance.

DO IT SON!!

Honestly if you're just pottering down to your local carpark to do a few U turns, i wouldn't worry about it. Cops are likely to be lenient if you're minding your own business like that.

The problem comes if you do it regularly, 'cause inevitably you speed, get pulled over for speeding, and get fucking pwned when it's found you're out of class too.

Comment

^^^ whs.

I feel no guilt recommending that new riders get their own 250 and practice with it as they can, with or without a shadow. This is no different. It's how I learnt to ride, never had a lesson until ARD type stuff after I got my licence. Admittedly it was a long time ago and things weren't so stressed as they are now.

But up and down a quiet street in front of your house, or the carpark down the road for low speed skills practice in the month or so leading up to your test is a VERY different story to buying a bigger bike and riding out of class everywhere.

Common sense ain't that common - but if you're careful and take it easy I can't see the problem here (unless you get caught).
                              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Working...
                              X