Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Jacket Repair

Hello all

I have a lovely Red neoprene padded KNOX summer jacket that cost me an arm and a leg a wee while ago that needs a new zip..... I've tried the suitcase repair place on Walcott Street and they can't (won't) help me. Does anyone have any experience/better idea?

I am melting in my black leather winter jacket.....

Shoemaster 0418915363 Peter.

He is in Oakforddale i think. Down near armadale road and lake roads .He is very good and does alot of race suit repairs.
    Great work , excellent prices, nice guy.
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Reid's Boot Makers in Vic Park.

$60 for a zip replacement I am told.

Shop 2D Basinghall Street (cnr Albany Hwy)
      EAST VICTORIA PARK

(08) 9361 5301

Go ahead and play the blues if it'll make you happy.

Homer Simpson

Comment

^^ Reids are fantastic. He did my boots... and waterproofed my jacket which leaked in unfortunate spots!!

I would highly recommend him and his work... reasonably priced as well.

Comment

Reids are great! They replaced my zip on my jacket.

Comment

Reids Bootmakers and mention PSB, I'm sure he's close to giving us a discount well at least he pushes our things through in super fast time

Comment

sorry to dig up an old thread, but do you reckon Reids do patch ups and stuff? after the spill on Friday my leathers are looking like they need abit of repairing, zip works fine, but i think i wore through some of the seams and might need to get leather reinforced in some areas.

Comment

Not sure but certainly worth the effort of either calling or taking them in
                He was very helpful when I saw him...

Comment

They sure do, I know lots of racers who recommend them
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

awesome! thanks for the fast replies guys, will be making a visit next week.

Comment

I appreciate this thread being bumped. I need some repairs on a jacket.

Cheers for that.
                      Originally posted by Viper
                      I'm probably fucking something up.
                      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                      Administrator

Comment

The end result was a fixed jacket but it took four trips! The first time he only put a guide stitch in so when I put it on it just came apart straight away. The second time the zip clasp broke in my hands (I am not superwoman!). There is an older chap whose name I can no longer remember who is really sweet and talks for hours and when I told the younger guy about the guiding stitch he just rolled his eyes liked it happened a bit! Price was good and ultimately my jacket is fixed - just double check it before you leave :-)

Comment

I'm being quoted around the $100 mark for zip replacement (zip that joins 2 piece leathers), is that right?

Comment

Kazz Mazz leathers in Kelmscot do an excellent job
                            WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW DEFIANCE BECOMES DUTY

A true friend is someone who'll help you dig the grave and dispose of the body, asking no questions and needing no explanation

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names or what they did...

They say the pen is mightier then the sword, but that was before guns were invented...

Comment

Originally posted by Mish View Post
                              I'm being quoted around the $100 mark for zip replacement (zip that joins 2 piece leathers), is that right?
                              That wouldn't be far wrong, was $60 to have the zip changed on my jacket, mention PSB as well if you're going to Reid's

Comment

Working...
                              X