Boots?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots?!

My folks have been very against me getting a bike but i have found their weakness. Safety gear!! They have said they will buy me boots for Christmas as i dont own any yet.

Whats the any advice on what sort to get and where to get it. Or are they all pretty much the same?

Any stores around the causeway open late this time of year?
    Last edited by jonnyking; 17-12-2007, 06:47 PM.

the best ones they can afford

Comment

get some nice sidis. 300 odd bucks. tell them anything less and you'll most likely lose a foot.

Comment

^ haha i like that

Comment

Try a few different brands to see which ones feel best for you.
          I've got sidi's for dirt riding and oxtars (now labeled TCX) for road. Find the Oxtars a bit wider and more comfy for my feet. Does'nt take much to smash an ankle, so get the most expensive ones your parents will allow.
          Most stores open late night on wednesdays.
          Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

I wear Gaerne. 3 pairs so far - I don't wear any other brand.

You need to find a boot with good ankle support and protection for your shins, heels and toes... And a good fit.
            If you don't ride everyday or are happy to change your boots when you're off the bike - get a more rigid race style boot as they provide the best protection. If you want to walk around in them everyday you may need something that's a little more flexible.

That said - I wear my Gaerne SP2s all day with no probs.
            "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Whoa i only just posted that and went to grab a bite to eat. cheers for all the feedback. ok so we got most expensive ones i can get out of them already had that in mind. any stores SOR that you would recommend? (Anyone who works in one nows he free plug cue)
              Yea the rigid racing ones would be ok cause i got the bike for only weekends and my weekends are now 5-7 days of the week. haha. dont mind changing shoes for work and that.

Comment

I always send people to Five Star Yami which is in Hamilton Hill (On Rockingham Rd near Freo.) They is the best!

Clicky for address and phone details:
                Five Star Yamaha >> Contact Us

Comment

if you are going to spend some $ on boots, get the ones with replaceable toe and ankle sliders so you can repair them if you accidently drag toe around a corner.
                  Originally posted by Bendito
                  If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post
                    I always send people to Five Star Yami which is in Hamilton Hill (On Rockingham Rd near Freo.) They is the best!

Clicky for address and phone details:
                    Five Star Yamaha >> Contact Us
                    Is this where you got your Gaerne boots from? Their cycling shoes were brilliant so I'd be keen to check-out their boots as I expect they'd be pretty good too.

Comment

steel blue, got steel toe caps, great for kicking car doors in and hell comfy too, light easy to wear etc.........

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Just on sidis... housemate got some and the zipper broke within say 6 months...

Not sure if anyone else can vouch for quality, but he's pissed
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

+1 for steel caps. Not suede. Then you can polish them up and when they're nice not get blocked entry from pubs/clubs.
                          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I just ordered a set from Setup Australia
                            Motorcycle Boots from Setup Australia

My brother just got a pair of racing boots... i went for the lower cut general riding boot... the racing ones have shin protectors and nearly come up to ur knee... the ones I ordered come up a little past the ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by apples View Post
                              Is this where you got your Gaerne boots from? Their cycling shoes were brilliant so I'd be keen to check-out their boots as I expect they'd be pretty good too.
                              Alas no - I got my first pair ordered in at Rick Gill's. (Another excellent store - go see Kev) one pair I got secondhand from a racer in Sydney and the others aren't available in Aus so I got them in the states. Gaerne don't seem to be stocked very well over here unfortunately! Shame too as they're excellent boots. If you ever meet me on a ride or up at the track you're welcome to have a look at mine. Smeghead wears them too.

On steel caps - DON'T wear them. My foot got crushed by the steel cap (And they were Steel Blue too!) I know everyone thinks its a myth... But I have the X-Rays to prove it. Bike boots are the best but a good quality work boot (not steel capped) is a good second choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X