So i need to buy a bike..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i need to buy a bike..

ok, at the moment, im turning 16 in 2-3 months, i can get my first bike then, i hope, anyway, its going to be a 250CC. now im not to sure how much money ill need to save up for a sports model, anyone got advice?
    Originally posted by T-roy
    Men don't understand lady's,
    Lady's don't understand lady's,
    Animals don't understand lady's,
    God doesn't even understand lady's.

There is no fucking point!

You can get a 50cc scooter at 16, your 250cc bike is once you turn 17. Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's no shame in scootering
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

get a homeless person to bite you in the torso and give you a disease.

Comment

unless you're using it for track or something?

how long is a piece of string? a proper sporty 250 (cbr, fzr, zx2-r, rgv, etc) will run you around $4k+ for something decent.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

but there's no shame in scootering
          oh there is, when you run into a pole after crossing a wheelie in a carpark and break your leg 3 days before you are supposed to go on leavers.

there is shame...... alot of shame.

Comment

ok for a good 250 it will cost you about $6,000 and ill suggest a cbr 250r they are goor reliable bikes but not in your price range go for something in the quoka
            you think this is funny? i pitty you!!!

Comment

$6000 is well within my price range, since i gotta be 17, im guessing ill have around $10-12,000 to spend.
              Originally posted by T-roy
              Men don't understand lady's,
              Lady's don't understand lady's,
              Animals don't understand lady's,
              God doesn't even understand lady's.

There is no fucking point!

Comment

I know of a 96 virago going for $2800 with low low kms. Not a sports bike thou.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulph View Post
                  $6000 is well within my price range, since i gotta be 17, im guessing ill have around $10-12,000 to spend.
                  when you are 17 buy something dirt cheap to piss about on an d insure for a year... dont modify it.. just be ready to crash it.

then when you get your R's start playing with proper toys..

got a while to wait mate. start reading bike magazines.

Comment

There is a GPX in the for sale section for $2000 .. That would be a cheap entry level 250

Comment

Originally posted by Sulph View Post
                      lol wtf.. 10-12k to spend on a 250??.. at 17yrs old?? spend dont fucking save SPEND

Comment

Originally posted by frazcat View Post
                        lol wtf.. 10-12k to spend on a 250??.. at 17yrs old?? spend dont fucking save SPEND
                        WTF...

Buy a cheap 250, it will get dropped, it will probably get crashed...

Save your money for your R class bike...

Comment

You can buy mine for a little under 12

Comment

Can have mine for 13k, just slap some 250 stickers on it and you'll be fine.
                            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

as the others have said, try and resist the temptation to get a flash bike for your 250. Get something cheap yet reliable. You'll only have it for 12 months so if you get something brand new you will cop a huge whack of depreciation when you sell it.

VTR 250 - naked bike so cheaper to insure and repair, looks awesome, goes great, no problem reselling later. Would get a mint one for 5-6,000 i'd think.

Comment

Working...
                              X