Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

Hooray,

Just got a set fitted front and rear to the ER6F in prep for trackday at Barbagallow at the end of the year. Need to scrub them in but they already feel 100% better than the Bridgestone BT-020's that were on there before. It was a shame since i have done about 11,000 K's on the Bridgestones and still have a LOT of thread left. So just thought I would share.

Fitted by Mack1 in about 30mins and cost $499 fitted, while i read the latest copy of whatever mag they had there.

Cheers Mack1

Ben

cool.

Comment

I always used to get really nasty scolloping on the BT-020 front, which lead to uncomfortable head vibration etc.

Loving the Pilot Rd 2 on the back, Power on the front.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

got the rear bt-020 off it? can i have it?

Comment

Don't let Davey have it, he'll just ruin it!

Comment

I hope you gave the old BT-020 a good send off. Picsorban??

Comment

I just got a set fitted from Steves in Midland ($470). I am also moving on from a set of 11K bridgestone's, and the feel is already better after just a couple of hundered clicks.
              "It's just a motorcyle race" - Mick Doohan, post-race press conference, Phillip Island.

Comment

Lol didn't even ask for the tyre back, i hated the BT-020's for the feedback and feel, but they lasted FOR-fkn-EVER. If i was to do a LONG trip it would be BT-020's.
                Thats a great price DesmoFan!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                  I always used to get really nasty scolloping on the BT-020 front, which lead to uncomfortable head vibration etc.

Is this the way to go? Have a Maxxis on the front and Road 2CT on the back. Was going to go with another Road 2CT on the front. I guess Power will give more grip, better handling wet and dry?

Comment

Didnt you people learn anything from this years MotoGP? Michellin are shit ... Bridgestone is where its at. I dont wont to hear you whinging like Rossi and Pedrosa do, ok Munches.

Comment

"Michelin are shit"

Agreed, i have some Michelin Sports Radicals or something on my Ninja, recommended by a salesman at a dealership (no names here 'cause they're a very good dealership and a very good salesman i assume, aside from this bum steer) as being a good compromise between mileage and grip - i told him they must be suitable for a trackday.

Maybe he thought i was a noob, but yeah they sucked. Couldn't push them at all, and they disintegrated, big hunks were all over the bellypan from the front haha.

Pirelli Diablos are where it's at.

Comment

Davey: they are are 160 rear, so not much use to you, sadly
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by flashthebiker View Post
                          Is this the way to go? Have a Maxxis on the front and Road 2CT on the back. Was going to go with another Road 2CT on the front. I guess Power will give more grip, better handling wet and dry?
                          Well I figure with the powers front and back I change both over when the back's shagged, and the front probably has 60% left over. So no need for super hard front - will see this time round whether they come out about even. If there's still a huge discrepancy I may even try the Pilot Sport on the front and a Road 2 on the back next time.
                          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post

Aint that the truth, I had a BT020 on the front of my ZZR (still got one on the rear) and after a while got bad scalloping and gave me really unnerving head vibration and bad feedback when cornering, I was glad to get rid of it. Got 10,000klm out of it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
                              Didnt you people learn anything from this years MotoGP? Michellin are shit ... Bridgestone is where its at. I dont wont to hear you whinging like Rossi and Pedrosa do, ok Munches.
                              Mabey, but Bridgestone let me down with the BT-020 not a confidence inspiring tyre. Albeit VERY long lasting. Pilot Power 2CT have been recommended by many people and I doubt you can compare road tyres to racing slicks so bringing up MotoGP is a moot point.

Oh well will see on the 30th I guess! Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X