Draging on a new clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draging on a new clutch

just had a new clutch put in havent ridden it yet and was wondering if itll be ok to take it to the drags tonight?
    Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Way to bed it in

Comment

Cant see why not
      "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

some rolling burnouts will fix that tash

Comment

i expect it will be grabbier than what you have gotten used to.

dont loop of the line
          Originally posted by Bendito
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

hehe no rolling burnouts or looping... hopefully :p

so theres no need to wear it in a bit, gently? just worried about pushing it too hard too soon
            Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

Don't think so... you'll have to abuse it REAL hard to wear it badly - wet clutches like ours are cooled by oil....
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

im not worried about wearing it, just using to harshly.
                like new tyres, u go easy on them for 100ks.
                new bikes u take it easy for the first 1000 ks.

anyone who actually knows for sure?

Comment

It should be fine. Plus you have already replaced it once so a second time should be easier.

Comment

replaced it once? second time?

Comment

The clutch plate should be ok, when the bike is new, you need to run everything in so the clutch doesn't get a good workout.

A new clutch will bite harder than a used one, test it out on the way to the drags ... but for gods sake, choose your place. Plenty of blues boys out there at the moment.
                      07 MV F41000R
                      09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                      07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                      sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

dunno about bike clutches but car clutches definatelly have to be run in.

I took my new button clutch to the drags pretty much straight away and it melted stuck to the flywheel. Had to drive it home like a truck (no clutch) and 3/4 the way home after some 'jolting' it came free again, cant imagine it was too good for it though.

id err on the side of caution and wait a bit. Might be fine though.

(damm your prolly at the drags already, didnt realise the time)
                        Voltron-Evo. https://www.facebook.com/?_rdr=p#!/voltronmotorcycles

Comment

lol bumma she missed that 1.....

ah well we shall read the return later ...lol

Comment

hehe
                            clutch was fine
                            alot grabier then before so i found it hard to get a decent time, lol
                            once its worn in a bit more i might have better luck

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
                              like new tyres, u go easy on them for 100ks.
                              new bikes u take it easy for the first 1000 ks.

I must have missed these pages in my manual

Comment

Working...
                              X