Any suggestions on this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions on this???

Hey guys, Goofy was out checking over an Across at Kwakka Northside for me today, when someone told him about a pvt sale of one in Belmont.
    Well this guy's then proceeded to tell me that it is his girlfriend's bike, bit weathered with the paint etc, but thinks it has a carbie problem.
    Goofy was saying that it has like almost zero power til ya hit about 9k revs then kicks in like a power band.

Does anyone know if this is a MAJOR problem??
    I'm just wondering that if it is, is it worth looking at??

If anyone's in the Belmont area tomorrow and wouldn't mind taking a look, that'd be awesome.
    Sic vis pacem Para bellum

it's most likely it has a carbie problem, jets blolcked or something, but it could also be electrical, or even mechanical...... inlet valve not sealing and blowing fuel back out one cyl. i'd definately stay away if i were u

Comment

If your talkin about a 250 across then don't put power band in the same sentance
      1, Always look good
      2, Always know what you're doing
      3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

If your talkin about a 250 across then don't put power band in the same sentance
        hehe

What power they do have doesn't kick in till 10k. but you can carry the beer..

Comment

could be carbies, but also we have been getting a few acrosses in lately that are having electrical probs. If you get it cheap enough, then buy it and take the carbies out straight away and get them cleaned. may need new jets or may just need a good clean.
          ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

Working...
          X