• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for running red lights??? B-)

http://www.americanmotor.com/news.cfm?newsid=2216
    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

thats pretty cool

Comment

has that happened to anyone? having the sensors not pick you up?

I know it happens at the intersection of railway pde and grand prom when heading south down railway pde.

Also the intersection of St Georges and Milligan Street in the city if sitting on Milligan and heading towards the entertainment centre.
      Red meat isn't bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Comment

Light Sensors

Having problems with lights not picking up the bike?

Have a look at the ground at most intersections around town (where the problem is most experienced) and you'll see a new sensor that has been put in. Its designed to pick up cyclists, so it will obviously pick up the motorbike.

The sensor is painted white (broken squares in a straight line and a picture of a bicycle).

Biggest problem is that most seem to have been put too close to the grease strip.

Comment

You can also push the pedestrian crossing button... 8)

Funny when there's a group of you or you have a m8 with ya!

Comment

Re: Light Sensors

Have a look at the ground at most intersections around town (where the problem is most experienced) and you'll see a new sensor that has been put in.  Its designed to pick up cyclists, so it will obviously pick up the motorbike.

The sensor is painted white (broken squares in a straight line and a picture of a bicycle).

Biggest problem is that most seem to have been put too close to the grease strip.
            Yeah, right on it actually!

Every one I have seen is smack on the dirtiest, greasiest ugliest section of the grease strip.

Now you would think someone from Main Roads might have actually consulted a bike rider or two and found at that we dont stop on that section of the lights!

Snappas.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

has that happened to anyone? having the sensors not pick you up?  

I know it happens at the intersection of railway pde and grand prom when heading south down railway pde.

Also the intersection of St Georges and Milligan Street in the city if sitting on Milligan and heading towards the entertainment centre.
              It's heading east down railway pde cnr grand prom, towards the hills. I sent a complaint to main roads via their online complaint form a while ago. seems to work fine now.

When did you last try it?

Comment

I've been on too many to count.. pisses me off every time and I just end up running the red light
                Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Have a look at the ground at most intersections around town (where the problem is most experienced) and you'll see a new sensor that has been put in.  Its designed to pick up cyclists, so it will obviously pick up the motorbike.

Every one I have seen is smack on the dirtiest, greasiest ugliest section of the grease strip.

Now you would think someone from Main Roads might have actually consulted a bike rider or two and found at that we dont stop on that section of the lights!

Snappas.
                  Basically. If you look at the are in front of the white line u will see sections of cuts in the road. Popular belief says these are pressure plates. WRONG! There is a proximity sensor under the road set to pick up large masses of metal (cars trucks bus')

However our crotch rockets which seem to be comprised of mostly alloy and plastics are not detected until they sit pretty much right on top of the sensor. "The location of the sensor?" i hear u ask. Right under that picture of the pushy.

Thats the way they have always been installed. Its not a case of "new ones being installed to pick up pushies and us". The councils are just marking them in now because of complaints.

Trust me i used to work for stork electrical installing the f***ing things! U have no idea how much fun it is to sit there all day and w8 for a motorcycle to stop at the sensor u just put in to see if its pickin em up properly. Most of the time we'd give up after 15 mins. Hense some dont work...

Hey i got better things to do than sit on the side of the road and suck carbon-monoxide all day...

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Snappas.
                    Basically. If you look at the are in front of the white line u will see sections of cuts in the road. Popular belief says these are pressure plates. WRONG! There is a proximity sensor under the road set to pick up large masses of metal (cars trucks bus')

However our crotch rockets which seem to be comprised of mostly alloy and plastics are not detected until they sit pretty much right on top of the sensor. "The location of the sensor?" i hear u ask. Right under that picture of the pushy.

Thats the way they have always been installed. Its not a case of "new ones being installed to pick up pushies and us". The councils are just marking them in now because of complaints.

Trust me i used to work for stork electrical installing the f***ing things! U have no idea how much fun it is to sit there all day and w8 for a motorcycle to stop at the sensor u just put in to see if its pickin em up properly. Most of the time we'd give up after 15 mins. Hense some dont work...

Hey i got better things to do than sit on the side of the road and suck carbon-monoxide all day...

Comment

Sensors

So why the fuck have they been put smack bang in the middle of the grease strip???

If you ride a bike why didn't you explain the dilemmas in stopping on the that spot when they asked you to install them???

Comment

From what I understand, it's not that they put it in the center, it's that the center is most sensitive part of the detecting loop...

Comment

Green Light Signal Tripper
                          The Green Light Signal Tripper allows motorcycles to trigger turning lane lights, apartment complex gates, and any other magnetically controlled traffic control system. How? Very simple - click to read more!

www.tricktape.com

Comment

Re: Sensors

So why the fuck have they been put smack bang in the middle of the grease strip???

If you ride a bike why didn't you explain the dilemmas in stopping on the that spot when they asked you to install them???
                            Cause... u think i can tell the government how to do things? MRWA decide where to put em. i was just doing my job.

its the best spot for pickin up all types of vehicles. so if u want the lights to change. sit in the grease strip.

Comment

Working...
                            X